About Moody Center:
The “Live Music Capital of the World” is finally getting the world-class arena it deserves. Opening in April of 2022, Moody Center will provide Austin, TX with a premiere 15,000+ seat venue to host the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Designed specifically for concerts, the new arena will replace the 42 year-old Frank Erwin Center and will provide top-tier hospitality, artist amenities, and all of the benefits of a modern music venue. In addition, the facility will serve as the new home court of the University of Texas men’s and women’s basketball programs.
Moody Center is being constructed on land owned by the University of Texas. The $338 million venue is being privately financed through a unique partnership between Oak View Group, Live Nation/ C3 Presents, Matthew McConaughey and The University of Texas at Austin.
At Moody Center, we are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community, and business partners through world-class sports and entertainment. We believe winning matters, our fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams achieve unimaginable results, honoring the culture and music history of Austin, Texas is our duty and driving the business is our responsibility. Visit www.moodycenteratx.com to learn more about this venue.
The Operations Manager will report to the Director of Operations. This position will coordinate, supervise, and direct personnel, subcontractors, and manage the daily activities involved in the successful execution of events and maintenance of the facility by performing the following duties personally and through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage subordinate supervisors who oversee employees in various functions. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; providing feedback; and addressing complaints and/or concerns and resolving problems.
- Manage aspects of operations including housekeeping, event staffing, set-ups and changeovers, and ADA compliance.
- Implement and train employees on the operating procedures, preventive maintenance schedules, emergency plans, and safety/risk management policies that conform to corporate standards.
- Attend weekly staff meetings. Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with all other departments in the Moody Center.
- Review contracts, speak with tenants, and work with subcontractors to determine special requirements. Inspect conversions, construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established specifications.
- Plan, budget and schedule facility modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts and contracts for construction and conversions.
- Rotate with other facility personnel to function as Manager on Duty (MOD), who maintains total responsibility and authority over all clients, staff personnel, patrons, security and safety in assigned buildings. Responsibilities include but not limited to making sure contractual agreements are met and clients’ event requirements and changes have been made in a timely fashion. On-duty staff/subcontractors ultimately report to the MOD through any Managers or Supervisors who are present during the event.
- Frequent bending, lifting 50+ pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, and 3-4 years related experience in the public assembly industry (stadiums, arenas, and/or convention centers). Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Knowledge in operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Possess skills and experience in supervising/training personnel.
- Experience in decision making that is generally governed by procedure and guided by policy.
- Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state, or national authorities for the operation of the equipment and motor vehicles operational or found in the facility.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, and other related materials.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others Ability to operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, boom lifts, scrubbing machines or other light power-driven equipment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with other in both oral and written form.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- encountered in the course of employment. Meet the physical demands of this job, which include being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility), lifting, carrying, moving, climbing, working from various heights, and moderate to loud noises.
- Experience with NCAA Basketball is preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD is preferred.
- Minimal Travel (<10% travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires Covid 19 vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.