Meow Wolf creates immersive and interactive experiences that transport audiences of all ages into fantastic realms of story and exploration. This includes art installations, video and music production, and extended reality content.
Meow Wolf is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to ensuring all employees enjoy and thrive in a work environment where differences make us the vibrant, wonderful community we are! All employment decisions at Meow Wolf are based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veteran status, service in the military or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Come as you are!
Full Time Benefits & Perks:
Meow Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package and many perks, including:
- Medical Insurance Options: PPO & HSA
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance Policy & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability & Critical Illness Policies
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave for 6 weeks
- Discount off Meow Wolf Gift Shop Merch
- Free admission to Meow Wolf attractions for employees and guests
- 401k Retirement Plan – Begins on the first of the month following 90 days of employment
- And more benefits specific to the location of the role
The Senior Project Manager is a senior management role that is responsible for overall project management of multiple medium to high-risk projects from project initiation (Blue Sky) through occupancy and close-out. The Senior Project Manager will work with and supervise the Project Manager to lead and manage all aspects of the assigned project, including budget, schedule, design coordination, procurement, execution, and delivery, while interfacing with project team members, including external engineering and technical consultants. Reports to Executive Project Director and Chief Creative Officer.
- Set strategic direction for assigned projects.
- Create initial project budget, schedule, and program requirements with pre-construction/design teams and their owners.
- Manage a team of Project Managers (PM), Assistant Project Managers (APM), and Project Coordinators.
- Bid, solicit, and negotiate contracts with General Contractor, Architecture, and Engineering firms on behalf of the owner.
- Establish project controls, including project reporting templates, budget, and schedule.
- Oversee and review scopes of work, estimates, schedules, budgets, Requests for Proposal (RFPs), contracts, procurement planning, buyout, close out, occupancy, and warranty.
- Review project specific program books.
- Manage project commitments established by pro forma and owner’s project requirements.
- Resolve critical issues timely.
- Conduct performance reviews and training for direct reports (PM, APM, and Project Coordinator).
- Administer corrective action and PIPs for employees when necessary.
- Manage relationships with the owner, operator, and consultants as the primary representative for Meow Wolf projects.
- Review and work with PM to prepare and present monthly project status reports to Project Executives and Ownership with accountability.
- Interface with Senior Executives for reporting and status updates.
- Review and make recommendations to the PM on bid packages.
- Develop, receive, and award bids in conjunction with contract administration and PM team.
- Review contractor’s application for payment with PM.
- Ensure proper interface with key project partners (Engineering Services, Facilities Management, Operations).
- Ensure adherence to Meow Wolf policies and procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in project management and/ or concurrent field related construction experience.
- Proven experience managing Themed Entertainment projects and as an overall Project Manager.
- Proven experience managing the project development process and documentation (shop drawings, document control, punch lists).
- Experience in developing the program book and managing commitments established by pro-forma.
- Familiarity with Project Owner funding scenarios, including coordinating requests for Capital Authorization, Cash Flow analysis and projections.
- Demonstrated success in business development, client service, and project delivery.
- Experience with and proven understanding of scheduling, estimating, budgeting, and quality controls.
- Experience with hiring outside vendors, professional contractors.
- Experience in the contract administration process including:
- Drafting Requests for Proposal (RFPs).
- Drafting and negotiating contracts.
- Solicitation and buyout of General Contractors, Architectural firms, specialty vendors and subcontractors including an understanding of professional fees.
- Experience working with multiple project delivery methods, such as design-build, Cost Plus, Lump sum, design-bid-build, etc.
- Proficient in document management and document writing systems, specifically, Microsoft Office (Project, Excel, Word), Google Workspace (Drive, Docs, Slides, Sheets), Bluebeam, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher level in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or related technical/business field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience using Primavera P6 and CADD
- Strong MEP Skills.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to successfully manage personnel, providing leadership, mentoring, coaching, and guidance.
- Ability to successfully lead project teams, including consultants, staff extensions, contractors, etc.
- Ability to resolve conflict, negotiate.
- Ability to delegate.
- Ability to successfully manage external engineering and technical components of the project.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict and complexity and to problem-solve issues to resolution.
- Ability to understand the needs of the client and to manage relationships between the owner/operator.
- Ability to verbally communicate comfortably and effectively in both presentation and in conversation with various team members.
- Ability to communicate comfortably and effectively using written correspondence to project team, vendors, consultants, and MW partners.
- Ability to give direction, adapt to change, establish relationships, work in a team environment, and produce results.
- Attitude and commitment to being an active participant of Meow Wolf’s culture.
Desired Characteristics and Qualities for all Team Members:
- Embrace and exemplify Meow Wolf Culture.
- Be enthusiastic about work and creating a transcendental guest experience.
- Listen and communicate with compassion and positivity.
- Demonstrate flexibility and a receptiveness to change.
- Willing to work outside the comfort zone to assist guests or fellow team members.
- Maintain professional courtesy and behavior at all times.
- Be a “People Person” - friendly, understanding, compassionate, positive.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and scanners.
- Moving in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces.
- Remaining in a stationary position for prolonged periods.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Positioning or moving objects up to 50 pounds.
The employee will comply with company and OSHA standard workplace safety protocols. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a full-time position with a flexible schedule which includes weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays.
This position does require supervisory responsibility.
Travel and short-term relocation is required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Meow Wolf truly embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.