Alert Innovation is a growing start-up with a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics, and we are seeking to hire people who love their work and want it to be meaningful, strive for excellence, and want to work in a collaborative, team-oriented culture.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including an equity stake in our growing company.
Alert Innovation is looking for a Desktop Support Specialist to support our corporate IT infrastructure. As the Desktop Support Specialist, you will be working with a talented team of engineers focused on developing industry-changing solutions.
FT/Temp to Perm
- Deploy new employee client machines and associated peripherals
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT issues, including computer, printer, and networking issues, in a timely manner
- Perform Active Directory user account administration
- Maintain engineering and office printers
- Maintain inventory of IT hardware and manage software licenses
- Perform routine backups of servers and data files
- Work with SolidWorks Support to resolve performance and/or application issues
- Perform administration of Atlassian application suite (Confluence, JIRA, Bamboo, etc.)
- Investigate new technologies as needed to support engineering or end user requirements
- Strong technical computer skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work activities
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision
BONUS SKILL AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
- Experience with VMware (vCenter and vSphere)
- SolidWorks PDM Administration
- Previous experience working in an agile, collaborative team environment
- Active Directory and Group Policy administration experience
EDUCATION/RELATIVE YEARS EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree in computer related field, or related experience
- 2+ years working in deskside support environment
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.