To provide assistance to producers in handling and processing of new and renewal employee benefits lines, business in accordance with Agency procedures, policies, and guidelines; to provide customer service to clients as assigned and requested. Provide, with a positive attitude, a high level of support in obtaining, maintaining, expanding, and servicing employee benefits accounts.
• Provide positive, prompt, accurate, and courteous service to clients.
• Assist in marketing new and renewal business, prepare proposals, presentation packets and maintain underwriting and marketing information. Accompany producer to client meetings when requested.
• Check new and renewal contracts and policies for accuracy in rates, typing, coverage, signatures, and input these transactions into Benefit Point. Ensure that these items are delivered to client or producer for delivery.
• Receive phone calls from clients and companies regarding insurance, claims, or administrative needs, and comply with the request and/or refer to the producer when necessary.
• Maintain a system to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports, and follow up on overdue and ongoing items.
• Be familiar with and follow agency E&O guidelines and service employee benefits lines accounts in a manner to reduce our E&O exposures.
• Maintain electronic files in an orderly, up-to-date manner consistent with the department file standards policy
• Perform special projects at management’s request.
• Participate in seminars and classes for skill and knowledge development.
• Prioritize work load and/or request for assistance as required.
• Meet with clients to discuss and handle their insurance needs and concerns
• Keep producers fully informed of all important activities on their accounts.
• Keep current on trends through circulars, bulletins, trade publications, seminars, and schools offered
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Experience: At least two (2) years’ experience in similar position is desirable.
• Education requirement: College degree preferred. High school diploma or equivalent (GED) is required.
• Must be health and life licensed per state requirements.
• Must be able to understand and analyze employee benefits lines insurance coverages, forms, procedures.
• Should have thorough understanding of employee benefits lines including underwriting and coverages.
• Must desire to acquire advanced insurance designations.
• Must be proficient in a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Proficient in Benefit Point, Zywave Products, such as HR360 and NFP, insurance software is a plus.
• Professional designation is a plus.