The San Francisco Conservatory of Music invites applications for a full-time position as Professor of Piano, beginning fall semester of 2022. Successful candidates should have an established reputation as performer at the national or international level, as well as a proven record of successful recruiting and teaching of outstanding students within a conservatory or university music school environment. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Teach private lessons to piano students in all degree and diploma tracks (undergraduate and graduate)
- Maintain a high level of professional visibility as performing artist and teacher at the national, and international levels.
- Domestic and international recruitment of undergraduate and graduate students.
- Contribute to San Francisco Conservatory’s musical community by advising students as needed; participation in juries, recitals, auditions and Winter Term projects; faculty and other committee meetings.
- Other responsibilities may include: coaching chamber music, performing on Faculty Artist Series; administrative duties as needed in accordance with the applicant's background and experience.
An earned master’s degree in music or professional equivalent is required.
How to Apply
For full consideration, please upload your curriculum vitae (under "Select Resume to Upload" in the application system), a letter of application (under "Upload Cover Letter"), a link to a recording of performances (under "Upload Additional Materials"), and the names and contact information of three prominent musicians who can serve as references (under "References"). Candidates may be asked to submit additional materials upon request. Applications will be reviewed beginning on November 8. This position will be open until filled.
SFCM’s mission is to transform our students: artistically, intellectually, professionally and individually. Through the study of music at the highest level, our students learn to seek achievement in every endeavor, to convert challenges into opportunities, to understand the nature of excellence, and to pursue their dreams with vigor and determination. We believe that inspiring the imagination, cultivating the artist, honing the intellect, and developing the professional are the keys to launching innovative graduates who excel in any field. SFCM is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields.
Equal Opportunity Employer
SFCM is a fully committed equal employment opportunity institution and welcomes applications from all qualified persons, including those who consider themselves to be of a race, national origin or ancestry that is not fully represented in musical arts programs in the United States. Personnel decisions regarding applicants for employment are made without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), status as a Vietnam-era veteran or special disabled veteran, age, citizenship, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.