6:00AM - 6:30PM
Friday - Sunday
Do you have experience with preventive and predictive maintenance? Come join our team!
PURIS is the linchpin between what the farmers grow and the public consumes—a vertically integrated, non-GMO and organic, plant-based seed, ingredient and food formulation company committed to changing how the world farms, manufactures, and eats food at a global scale, all powered by American farmers.
PURIS offers competitive hourly wages and immediate eligibility into the gainshare bonus potential program paid out quarterly! Our benefits start 1st of the month following hire date and includes 100% paid life, disability, and dental insurance.? We offer affordable medical and vision insurance, a generous PTO package and 401K with company match.? We offer a safe work environment and COVID-19 safety protocols are followed.
The Maintenance Technician performs equipment care, preventive and predictive maintenance, corrective maintenance, troubleshooting, and installation tasks, following established procedures and with limited direction. Trains and mentors others. Performs other leadership duties.
The Maintenance Technician must adhere to and embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Execute assigned routine equipment and facility care, preventive maintenance, and corrective work for equipment and facility.
- Diagnose problems using appropriate testing equipment.
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, and modify equipment as directed
- Follow established requirements for GMP, safety, and other procedures.
- Respond to operator calls; take appropriate action and follow up.
- Troubleshoot and repair all types of production equipment, systems, and controls.
- Operate equipment in Maintenance Department.
- Seek assistance from others as needed.
- Perform grounds and general housekeeping work.
- Assist in ensuring everything is on hand and ready when job is scheduled to begin.
- Assist in administering the work order system, including prioritization, job close-out, history documentation, and other tasks.
- Seek out and recommend equipment and process improvements.
- Conduct on-the-job training.
- Assist other technicians as needed.
- Work with vendors and service suppliers regarding equipment parts and supplies.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Provide team leadership, directing the work of other maintenance personnel, as assigned.
- Use human relations and leadership skills to solve non-complex employee relations problems and issues associated with cooperation, team building, job assignments, etc.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of applicable industrial maintenance experience
- Knowledge of machinery fundamentals, including pumps, motors, gearboxes, blowers, compressors, switchgear, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of general mechanical fundamentals, such as fits and tolerances
- Ability to take and give verbal and written instructions
- Ability to understand and work from complex mechanical and electrical diagrams, drawings, schematics, specifications, and flow diagrams and interpret them to others
- Ability to complete work assignments correctly and deliver results, in an expeditious and professional manner
- Good reading, writing, math, and administrative skills
- Moderate skill in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and CMMS
- Ability to work well independently.
- Available and willing to work on-call, off shifts, and overtime, as required
- Two-year industrial mechanical trade school training
- eMaint experience
Skills and Capabilities:
- Strong electrical & mechanical troubleshooting skills. Welding/Fabrication is a plus
- Knowledge in VFD’s, compressors, pumps, motors, gearboxes & bucket elevators
- Experience with packaging equipment also beneficial
- Must be able to stand for 10+ hours of your shift.
- Must be able to climb stairs several times throughout the course of your shift
- Must be able to lift 50 lb. bags on occasion
- Must be able to work safely at heightened platforms on occasion
PURIS brings growers, makers, and eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We are reimagining what it means to be environmental stewards at every step in the food journey from seed to shelf.
Join the MOST INNOVATIVE FOOD COMPANY OF 2021 named by Fast Company Magazine!
Innovation is in the PURIS DNA. Since 1985, our company’s focus has been feeding people, and as luck would have it, the path to nourishing people mirrors the path to nourishing the planet, itself. And what began as a mission to breed more resilient crops has blossomed into something much greater -- a company taking leaps forward in regenerative agriculture, state of the art manufacturing processes, food security, and global supply chain transparency.
Check out our website (www.puris.com) or email email@example.com for more info.
PURIS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, pre-employment physical, and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP