As the largest and oldest mentoring agency in the region, Big Brothers Big Sisters Twin Cities (BBBS) has a strong foundation that supports life-changing mentoring relationships between caring adult volunteers (“Bigs”) and young people (“Littles”). By partnering with young people, parents/guardians, and volunteer mentors, BBBS defends and amplifies the potential of youth through impactful relationships, educational support, and increased confidence and social-emotional skills.
Justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) are central to our mission and values, and BBBS strives to implement these ideals across all areas of our agency. We are committed to learning and taking a non-discriminatory, anti-racist, and anti-bias approach. We are dedicated to cultivating a safe environment where all individuals feel equally respected and valued.
Our mission is to create and support mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. BBBS accomplishes its mission by:
Primary Function of the Position
The purpose of this position is to oversee the child application process and conduct a variety of administrative tasks, including data entry, volunteer background checks, and fingerprinting. This position contributes to advancing BBBS’ mission by providing quality customer service to prospective participants.
Essential Job Functions
1. Oversee the Child Application Process.
• Oversee the inquiry process for all youth referred to BBBS.
• Provide excellent customer service and support to volunteers, parent/guardians, youth and staff through telephone, email, and face-to-face communication.
• Communicate numbers and trends with supervisor on an ongoing basis.
• Manage partnerships with youth referral sources.
• Maintain knowledge of community resources to make appropriate referrals, as needed.
2. Administrative Support for Enrollment and Matching.
• Assist with the completion of quality file audits for adherence to organizational standards.
• Oversee the digitization and organization of participant files and confidential materials.
• Conduct in-person fingerprinting for prospective volunteers at the BBBS main office
• Order/purchase office supplies requested by team members and supplies for various larger agency events.
3. Contribute to the overall success of the agency in order to achieve the BBBS mission.
• Promote teamwork by overseeing and participating in various teams including work groups, committees, and interdepartmental meetings.
• Represent BBBS in the larger community.
• Support development in fundraising efforts and other program functions as requested.
• Develop and maintain sensitivity to employee diversity, and demonstrate cultural competence in the workplace and in the services provided by the agency.
• Demonstrate respectful treatment of other employees, program participants and all stakeholders.
Other Job Duties
Assist the director with other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
BBBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position. Rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Employees may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to the Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org.