Location: Cheshire, CT
Title: Warehouse Associate
Department: Warehouse- East
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Position Status: Full Time
Hours: 9AM – 5:30 PM (overtime as needed)
The Warehouse Associate will be responsible for a wide range of physically demanding warehouse functions, including shipping, receiving, and picking and packing products from small parts to 90-lb. master cartons, by hand, pallet jack and forklift. Responsibilities include processing shipments via Microsoft Windows-based shipping software, as well as shipping documents, including bills of landing.
• Picking and packing pallet LTL shipments
• Picking and packing small package orders, UPS, FedEx, USPS shipments
• Unloading Containers – stacking and palletizing cartons weighing up to 90 pounds
• Cycle counting inventory
• Assisting customers with pickup orders
• General Warehouse functions as needed including but not limited to cleaning, organizing, replenishing product locations, etc.
• Demonstrate collaboration with employees and management on responsibilities, projects, issues and opportunities utilizing company's tools with a transparent approach
• Comprehensively maintain documented systems, processes, and training videos
• Must have the ability to work on their feet all day
• Must have the ability to work in an un-airconditioned warehouse
o Proficient with windows-based programs
o Forklift certified or ability to become certified once hired.
o Electric and non-electric Pallet Jack operation
o Comfortable with climbing stair case ladders up to 12 feet
o To be proficient in basic Math problems
o Good memory and attention to detail
o Self-starter with the ability to complete tasks with and without direct supervision
o Able to communicate clearly with employees and customers
o Supportive approach, strong work ethic, and personable
o 1+ years’ experience as a Warehouse Associate or equivalent work experience
o Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
o Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers, factories.
o Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
o Support and coordinate work efforts with other employees, locations and leadership.
• Lift heavy boxes from 50 to 90lbs (2 man lift for 65-pound packages or heavier)
• Comfortable working on a 12-foot ladder
For almost 40 years, The Music People has been a highly respected international business-to-business distributor of music equipment accessories and professional audio, video, and lighting hear to music retailers and sound contractors. We were recently named one of the top workplaces in the Greater Hartford Region. We offer an excellent work/life balance, progressive compensation package with grow potential, multiple health care options and 401K with an employer match.