Haberman Insurance Group, a wholly owned subsidiary of Clark Insurance, is seeking Account Executives for our Business Insurance Department! Both Haberman Insurance Group and Clark Insurance have long histories in the insurance industry and in our communities. We are passionate about identifying the needs and finding solutions for our clients. We conduct ourselves according to our Guiding Principles that include exceptional knowledge, integrity, passion and fun!.
We are 100% Employee Owned and operate as a full-service, independent agency. We offer professional development and a supportive Sales Team Environment. The Account Executives have the opportunity to work in a variety of industries; receive professional and sales development; executive team mentoring and support; and have strong partnerships with account managers.
The Business Insurance Account Executive at Haberman Insurance Group is a high level entrepreneur responsible for prospecting, soliciting, quoting and binding new commercial accounts and coverages. Account Executives can be assigned accounts for which they will be the Account Manager. Sales goals will be determined by overall expectations and job responsibilities. The role carries expectations for sales, referring business for Personal Insurance, Life and Employee Benefits, Group and Individual leads; retaining and continuous marketing; personal development, and ownership and responsibility to assist and/or handle the servicing of clients. The role of an Account Executive will operate from a sense of urgency as it is a high pressure, fast paced position.
Sales expectations will include:
- Responsible for prospecting, soliciting, quoting and selling new Commercial Accounts Manage your prospects and sales opportunities in Epic
- Individual sales goals
Account Management expectations will include:
- Working with the account management team to guide, provide information, work as a team to address client needs, and communicate
- May be assigned as the account manager on selected large accounts, in addition to managing own book of customers. Will be primary account manager on those accounts and will be responsible for following account management procedures on those accounts. Retention and continuous marketing expectations will include:
- Explain and educate clients on coverages and exclusions and document in EPIC Develop a book of business that is profitable for both the agency and our partner carriers.
- Review existing policy coverage in order to upgrade accounts and remarket if necessary.
- Handle and/or assist service staff in collecting client information in preparation of schedules of insurance, summaries and renewal proposals. Review appropriate policy change requests and other account activity. Documents automated file as appropriate. Use each client contact as an opportunity for coverage review and marketing of additional coverage offerings.Utilize internal and company resources, including our loss control services within Haberman Insurance Group and / or company staff.
- Assist in the collection of past due premiums or audit amounts.
Personal Development expectations include:
- Participate in sales meetings.
- Identify and complete training in a timely manner.
- Learning and improving technical and sales skills regularly
- Read and interpret technical manuals and insurance information from carriers, vendors, publishers. Full knowledge of insurance products and usages, insurance rating and underwriting procedures, including new products and technology.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills; cooperate positively and provide information and guidance, as needed to contribute to the business efforts of the agency.
Other Duties, Reporting, Bonus, and Time Management:
- Will report primarily to sales manager, and be accountable to BID service director for following account management procedures.
- Sales and account management goals and time will be balanced accordingly. Expected to be in office and available to service accounts, and to be as efficient as possible with time out of the office for sales
- Bonus objectives include NB production, account management responsibilities, educational objectives
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.