Interested in working with a dynamic, growing company? Are you organized, enjoy a fast-paced environment and like to work as part of a team? Do you love cheese?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then read on.
Owned by the Giacomini family Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company (PRFC) is known for its award-winning artisan cheese produced right on the farm where the cows are raised. PRFC offers a truly unique work environment -- and one where the employees work hard, have fun and enjoy a lot of very special (and delicious) benefits.
This is a full-time position is based at our Farm in Point Reyes Station.
HOW WE ARE PROTECTING OUR EMPLOYEES
At Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented additional processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized daily.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing employees additional paid time off and adhere to all state and federal time off leaves for a confirmed case of COVID-19.
As a condition of employment we ask that you attest that you have been vaccinated for Covid-19 unless you have a medical or sincerely held religious belief that exempts you from getting vaccinated.
Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries. Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories, giving instructions. Maintains security by following procedures and signing visitors in. Provides assorted, general administrative support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Receives and directs all incoming telephone calls.
· Receives all guests - vendors, Fork customers, inspectors, etc.
· Answers general customer service inquiries including general phone and online ordering support
· Responds to inquiries from vendors, employees and others when necessary and refers them to the appropriate person
· Supports Sales, Marketing & Fork teams as needed
· Operates and troubleshoots office machines (including phone and network systems), schedules and oversees maintenance calls
· Develops and maintains office forms and procedures and assists with administrative tasks
· Duplicates and distributes materials for management
· Composes and edits correspondence, reports, memos, and other office communications
· Assists public with the use of department facilities
· Maintains office supply inventory
· Distributes and tracks employee monthly cheese allotments
· Coordinates employee fuel distribution
· Supports onsite retail sales including ordering, inventory and reconciliation
· Organizes non-cheese retail inventory
· Manages petty cash
· Oversees downstairs breakroom beverages
· Provides beverage/snack service for meetings
· Assists advance preparation for cheese tastings as needed (including cheese boards)
· Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Exceptional Internal and External Customer Service Skills
• Can-do attitude
• Friendly and outgoing personality
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Willingness & competency to master Sage Accounting software
• Extremely Organized
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to multitask
• Loves cheese & the local food community
• Spanish speaking a plus
This job requires walking, bending, standing, reaching, sitting, and lifting. It also requires hearing and talking.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Full benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, EAP, FSA, and 401K with company match.
The law makes it illegal to discriminate against someone on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit. The law also requires that employers reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' sincerely held religious practices, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the employer's business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 - $25.00 per hour