Miyamoto International is a purpose-driven firm with a mission to make the world a better, safer place. We specialize in disaster risk management and provide resiliency expertise that sustains industries and safeguards communities around the world. With an expanding portfolio of humanitarian assistance and disaster preparedness, risk mitigation and recovery programs, we are currently seeking a Communications Coordinator to support the implementation of communications strategies across our international development portfolio.
Location: Washington, DC preferred. May also be located near our offices in California.
Support projects with external communications campaigns and deliverables:
- Develop content for international projects such as newsletters, press releases, success stories, social media posts, blogs, presentations, factsheets, etc.
- Ensure compliance with Miyamoto and funder branding requirements and formatting specifications
- Provide advise to project managers and local communications consultants on content, design, dissemination strategies
Internal programmatic communications projects:
- Support Miyamoto’s international development team with internal communication processes and content, such as mailers, trainings, project profiles and resumes
- Support content development for strategic communications goals, such as video storyboards, blogs, articles, presentations, etc.
- Bachelor in communications, international studies, journalism or related field
- 2 years’ experience in communications, international experience preferred
- Interest in and ability to translate technical information (scientific, engineering, risk assessments, etc.) into easily digestible factsheets, articles, infographics, etc. Experience with or interest in science or risk communication or data visualization desirable
- Cultural competency and experience working with co-workers, consultants and stakeholders from different backgrounds
- Strong copywriting and editing skills, including experience writing for social media, press releases, factsheets and other written content
- Superior attention to detail and experience with editing and formatting
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) strongly preferred.
- Fluent in English required, proficiency in Spanish preferred
Miyamoto International is seeking the best and brightest professionals to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated leader with exceptional communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks. Flexibility, organizational skills, project collaboration and accountability are integral components to achieving our goals. Your entrepreneurial spirit should motivate others, inspire new ideas and contribute toward the firm’s growth. Successful candidates share our passion for helping others and strives to improve the quality of their work with each new challenge. This is an opportunity to expand your creativity and build your expertise in the field.
Miyamoto International is an equal opportunity employer.