Salary Range ($57,000 - $59,000) plus SIGN ON BONUS
2 Positions Available
Full COVID-19 vaccination required
Burlington and Camden Counties
Calling maternal and child health nurses! We are looking to fill a full time Nurse Home Visitor position with our Nurse-Family Partnership Program. This position works with at-risk, first-time mothers from pregnancy until the child reaches age 2. You will serve as a trusted advisor through home care and telehealth, offering the support new moms need to deliver healthy babies, become confident parents, and provide a better future for themselves and their children.
- Provides NFP nursing services through home-care and telehealth
- Assesses physical, emotional, social and environmental needs of women and their families as they relate to health and life course development
- Assists women and their families to establish realistic goals and measurable outcomes for promoting their health and life course development
- Provides counseling and instruction to assist women and their families in attaining targeted goals, in areas including prenatal and postpartum care, nutrition, parenting, well-child care, family planning, and special health problems
- Evaluates client’s and family’s progress toward targeted goals; revises plan of care as appropriate
- Develops a working relationship with clients and their families in order to promote problem-solving competence
- Promotes involvement of other family members in the pregnancy, birth and early childcare
- Links women and families with community resources relevant to their specific needs
- Consults, communicates and collaborates with other professionals involved in providing services to women and families in the caseload
- Records nursing activities in accordance with documentation protocols
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing learning and professional development in relation to program implementation
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Registered Nurse licensed in the State of New Jersey
- BSN degree required
- 2 years’ MCH experience
- 2 years’ experience in community health nursing or community outreach
- 2 years’ demonstrated cultural competency and experience working with diverse populations
- Basic computer skills necessary
- Valid driver’s license, current insurance policy and car
- Good organizational skills; ability to prioritize work requirements.
- Ability to communicate well with consumers and providers
- Must be able to see to read documents and hear well enough to communicate with others
- Must be able to write, type on a computer, and use a telephone
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds
- Additional requirements to be determined with input from Director and HR
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travels regularly to sites where traffic, weather, and other environmental conditions may be encountered; otherwise works in a climate-controlled professional office environment generally free from hazards and other adverse working conditions
Successful candidates for employment by SNJPC must undergo a criminal background check and driver`s license review.
Southern New Jersey Perinatal Cooperative, a nonprofit maternal/child health agency providing programs/services to improve perinatal/pediatric health. SNJPC offers a competitive benefits package. SNJPC subsidizes employee and child-ren medical coverage. It is SNJPC’s policy to make every practical effort to accommodate individuals with disabilities to execute the crucial functions to the job. EOE
SNJPC is an equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage all qualified candidates to apply for employment with our agency without regard to abilities, age, race, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, socio economic status, educational levels, military/veteran status or any other characteristics.