Location: Berlin, CT
Title: Marketing Manager
Department: Product Development
Reports to: Director of Product Development
Position Status: Full Time
The Marketing Manager is part of the Marketing Development team. This individual will be responsible for managing the company’s marketing projects, including developing campaigns for products and events, managing social media platforms and producing reporting for budget and tracking purposes. They will be expected to collaborate internally with several departments as well as maintaining relationships with key publications and marketing outlets. This ideal candidate will have strong organizational and problem-solving skills and will be able to manage several projects simultaneously.
• Manage marketing projects with interaction from Management, Sales, Purchasing, Creative Art Dept and Product Line Managers
• Collaborate with Art Director and Sales to develop monthly campaigns for existing products and events
• Refine and maintain various marketing processes, report on performance, follow up on deadlines and due dates
• Conduct research and produce reporting
• Develop an annual marketing plan with budgetary projections
• Track marketing expenditures and balance against approved budget
• Create Marketing Presentations and Plans for review
• Manage Social Media Platforms company-wide and provide analytics on performance
• Collaborate with affiliate departments on the creation of content marketing projects
• Maintain relationships with key publications and marketing outlets
• Coordinate and collect information for company’s internal e-newsletter, company announcements and notices, etc.
• The ability to travel to national and international tradeshows throughout the year
• Demonstrate collaboration with employees and management on responsibilities, projects, issues and opportunities utilizing company's tools with a transparent approach
• Comprehensively maintain documented systems and processes and present to employees and management
For almost 40 years, The Music People has been a highly respected, international business-to-business distributor of music equipment accessories and professional audio, video, and lighting gear to music retailers and sound contractors. We were recently named one of the top workplaces in the Greater Hartford Region. We offer an excellent work/life balance, progressive compensation package with grow potential, multiple health care options and 401K with an employer match.