As Chicago Scholars grows, it is our goal to build a team embodying our core values and demonstrating a commitment to racial justice, equity, accessibility, diversity and inclusion. As we expand the breadth of our impact by including more students, providing space to build community and expanding our programs and supports, we are seeking Interns who can be the voice and face of the organization. Chicago Scholars interns will have the opportunity to work with the specific teams within the organization, including: Team Launch, Team Lift, Career & Leadership Advancement (CLA), Development, and Strategic Services (Finance & Operations).
If you're interested in joining the Intern team, and you don't see a role on our Careers page that is right for you, submit your resume here so we have it on file. You can always visit our Careers page to stay up-to-date on our open positions. Thank you for your passion and commitment to Chicago Scholars' work.
This role is a part-time & hourly position without benefits. The rate per hour is $16/hour, and the number of hours that you will be permitted to work each week is 15 hours on average. The number of hours per week can be flexible to accommodate peak work cycles, such as for events and heavy project and program periods.
- Be a current Chicago Scholars Program college student
- Be energetic, resourceful, outgoing, independent, with leadership ability
- Have excellent interpersonal, telephone, writing and overall communication skills
- Be highly detail orientated with excellent initiative and problem-solving ability
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to plan and organize tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives; allocate and use resources well.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment. Ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing needs and priorities.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Effective January 1, 2022, all Chicago Scholars employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Exceptions may be made for religious and medical accommodations. Unvaccinated employees who receive a religious or medical accommodation must submit a weekly negative COVID-19 test result. Employees hired after January 1, 2022 are required to be fully vaccinated by their first day of work or submit a negative test result dated no more than three days prior to their first day of work.
If you have questions regarding this policy, or any of Chicago Scholars employment policies, please reach out to the Human Resources team at email@example.com with the subject line: Policy Question.