DMC has a challenging opportunity within our Application Development group for an enthusiastic senior application development professional who has a desire to advance their technical skills while building business acumen. You will be leading teams, growing team members, and helping devise and apply best practices throughout the group. You will continue to grow technical skills through work on diverse and interesting projects that span web, mobile, desktop, hardware integration, cloud services, numerous stacks, platforms, and APIs. DMC’s developers have the opportunity to stay on the leading edge of software and technology, integrate with a variety of software and hardware systems, and solve interesting engineering and business problems applied to a wide range of industries.
Founded in 1996, DMC is a technology company located on the near north side of Chicago. This position will operate out of our Chicago office which was named one of the #2 Best Places to Work in Chicago by Crain’s! DMC employees enjoy a great benefits package, a well-stocked office full of snacks & games with a roof deck and gym, & an active culture which includes company-sponsored athletic, cultural, & social events.
• Lead development of applications and systems for client projects
• Design and architect solutions from the ground up
• Manage scope, budget, and requirements for client projects
• Prototype solutions using new technologies and architectural approaches
• BA or BS degree in CS, Engineering, or a related STEM field
• 5+ years of professional experience as a hands-on application developer or technical architect
• Proven ability to apply object-oriented programming techniques, SOLID design principles, and design patterns
• Extensive experience programming with object-oriented languages such as C#, C++, Python, or Java
• Practical experience performing database design and authoring SQL queries
• Practical knowledge of XML, JSON, Web Services, HTTP requests, and API interfaces
• Extensive experience creating custom web applications using C# and ASP.NET MVC
• Practical knowledge of using a source control system. (ex. Git or SVN)
Nice to Have Skills
• Experience with TypeScript, .NET Core, or WPF
• Working knowledge of Azure, Office 365, SharePoint, and Dynamics 365
• Experience with configuring Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines
• Windows Server and IIS configuration
Please visit our website at www.dmcinfo.com or read some of our blogs to find out a little more about what you might be getting yourself into!