Southwest Microwave is actively seeking motivated, ethical individuals who want to work for a financially sound company that values their employees and understands the need for work/life balance. As a global manufacturer of high performance interconnects and perimeter security solutions, our employees have the ability to directly contribute to the overall success of the Company.
Job Summary: Supervise and provide manufacturing planning and inventory control.
- Supervise and train shipping/receiving, stock and materials personnel.
- Assist with maintaining and controlling plant and equipment maintenance/repair.
- Assist Purchasing Dept. as needed to ensure proper workflow.
Job Duties: Minimum job duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as backup for SSD Materials Manager
- Follow all company policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- Supervise and train Materials Coordinator, Stockroom Clerks and Shipping Dept. Personnel
- Process work orders
- Distribute reports per MRP System
- Maintain office and factory supplies
- Assist with maintaining and controlling bills of material in MRP System
- Assist with end-of-month paperwork (verify counts, process reports)
- Assist with SSD Operations and Facility Maintenance
- Maintain First Aid, Fire Extinguishers, Eye Wash Stations and Konica Copy Machines
- Perform cycle counts and participate in annual inventory
- Perform job functions per ISO standards and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Three years’ experience in materials planning, inventory control, or purchasing for hi-tech products or equivalent.
- Detail-oriented and well organized with good communication skills.
- Good data-management skills.
- Knowledge of stockroom & inventory control, plus understanding of bills of materials and/or parts lists.
- Good computer skills including MS Office.
Education: AA Degree in business or production-related areas, or equivalent education and experience required.
Physical demands: This is a hands-on mobile position, which requires walking throughout the building, bending and lifting up to 35 lbs. as needed. Must be able to sit for long periods of time at a computer, with manual dexterity for typing/data entry.