Southwest Microwave is actively seeking motivated, ethical individuals who want to work for a financially sound company that values their employees and understands the need for work/life balance. As a global manufacturer of high performance interconnects and perimeter security solutions, our employees have the ability to directly contribute to the overall success of the Company.
Job Summary: Produce miniature precision metal/plastic components and tools per engineering drawings or sketches utilizing all available model shop equipment, including but not limited to: Tsugami, HAAS, and manual mills/lathes.
- Tool selection and programming to include:
- Fabrication of SMI components and tooling using: Tsugami, HAAS, and manual mills/lathes.
- Fixture design and fabrication for all projects (Engineering, Production or otherwise).
- Precision inspection and quality verification of work.
- Troubleshoot machining issues and provide feedback to the Engineering Manager in regards:
- State of CNC/Manual equipment and tooling.
- State of Material inventory and Inspection equipment.
- Recommend best design protocols for fabricating where flexibility can be afforded.
- Utilize Bobcam (or other software-programs) for component/tooling manufacture.
- Assume full responsibility for project completion, and plan setup-time reductions for future runs.
- Run high volume (>100pcs) production of product, to meet goals established by production control.
- Follow all company policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three years of electrical contacts and/or connector machining is required.
- Minimum seven years of CNC Lathe or CNC Swiss Lathe experience.
- Expert in running a CNC Lathe or CNC Swiss Type Lathe is required.
- Expert with Tsugami B0XXX Series Machines and Fanuc Series Oi Controller is required.
- Experience with CAM software preferred.
- Able to read and understand blueprints/engineering drawings and interpret GD&T.
- Able to understand and edit machine programming code independently of CAM software
Education: High School diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional Vocational School Certification(s) or apprenticeship is desired. Training for CNC programming is required.
Physical demands: Able to stand or sit for prolonged periods, lift 50 lbs. and have good manual dexterity. Able to read equipment settings and work with miniature parts.