Southwest Microwave is actively seeking motivated, ethical individuals who want to work for a financially sound company that values their employees and understands the need for work/life balance. As a global manufacturer of high performance interconnects and perimeter security solutions, our employees have the ability to directly contribute to the overall success of the Company.
Job Summary: Provide pre-sale technical services to Sales team / Customers for security projects, including designing new perimeter security systems and handling phone, e-mail and on-site sales / technical support.
Job Duties: Minimum job duties include the following.
- Work with Sales team and customers to design new perimeter security systems based on risk profile and site considerations: Review RFP’s, generate quotations, conceptual site layout drawings, wiring diagrams and other submittal materials that may be required.
- Enter customer and project quotation information into CRM system.
- Follow up on quotations to provide additional technical information and solicit project status.
- Provide telephone / e-mail support to customers with technical sales questions, spare parts needs and equipment troubleshooting.
- Issue quotations for piece part, service or training trips.
- Conduct product demonstrations and technical sales presentations at trade events and customer sites.
- Travel to customer sites for surveys, system commissioning, troubleshooting and operator training.
- Serve as backup for conducting training classes at the factory or at customer locations.
- Provide technical assistance to other groups or departments as needed.
- 1-3 years of related technical sales experience, ideally in the Security field. Background in data networks, digital communications and system configuration; proven technical knowledge in the area of perimeter security, CCTV, access control or related products preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in order to make technically-oriented sales presentations and interact professionally with customers, peers, and management staff.
- Must be able to read schematics and use electronic test equipment. Must possess proficiency with MS Office (Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint), a valid AZ Driver’s License and clean driving record.
Education: AA Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Physical demands: Must be able to stand and walk outdoors for long periods of time to supervise installation of test zones, climb ladders at various heights, and lift 25+ lbs. Air and vehicle travel, including weekends is required.