Southwest Microwave is actively seeking motivated, ethical individuals who want to work for a financially sound company that values their employees and understands the need for work/life balance. As a global manufacturer of high performance interconnects and perimeter security solutions, our employees have the ability to directly contribute to the overall success of the Company.
Job Summary: Work with MPD engineering in designing, prototyping, testing, and documenting microwave coaxial connectors and their interface to microstrip/stripline/coplanar waveguide circuits.
Job Duties: Minimum job duties include the following.
- Support Engineering agenda as directed by Dept. Manager to assure projects progress and come to completion:
- Supervise all Engineering activities such as mechanical design, drawing & standards review, test and inspection equipment, and theoretical analysis.
- Adhere to schedules and meet deadlines.
- Use available resources to provide experienced guidance and mentoring for product design and improvement projects.
- Ensure adherence to company and industry standards, and provide technical inputs to other engineering staff, Sales, Technical Services, and MPD suppliers.
- Supervise other technical personnel as needed to advance company goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10 years Project Engineering experience. Previous Supervisor/Management position a plus.
- Requires mechanical design experience utilizing 3D solid modeling software.
- Demonstrate ability to learn, and incorporate RF/Microwave theory into technical acumen.
- Prior experience using FEA simulation software in design of product with complete life cycle.
Education: Four-year technical degree from accredited engineering school or equivalent demonstrated connector design experience.
Physical demands: Adequate corrected vision to operate microscopes. Able to lift 25 lbs.