Adaptability. We are outwardly focused, service oriented, and staffed by continuous learners.
Equality. We welcome all with the same measure of respect, warmth, and acceptance.
Accountability. We are an interdependent team holding ourselves mutually accountable for delivering results that are relevant to our community’s needs.
Integrity. We embody these values in every aspect of our operation, building personal and institutional bridges which facilitate productive, trusting relationships.
It is the responsibility of the part-time position to keep the library facilities looking their best and in good operating condition. This position will also deliver materials and supplies to the branches as scheduled. All supplies and equipment will be provided by the library.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTION
- Valid Drivers License, proof of insurance, and a safe driving record.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to climb ladder.s
- Ability to use cleaning, lawn mowing, and trimming equipment.
- Ability to organize the use of time and set priorities.
- Keeping all libraries supplied with cleaning aides, toilet tissue and paper towels from the Main Library.
- Cleaning restrooms including fixtures and floors; clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean waste containers.
- Replacing light bulbs.
- Ability to safely operate the librarys delivery vehicle.
- Loading and unloading tubs, library materials and supplies at the branches.
- Weeding, trimming bushes, mowing lawn, picking up litter on library property.
- Removing snow from steps and walkway.s
- Locking and unlocking assigned buildings and secure buildings when facilities are not in use.
- Supporting and enforcing all library policies.
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Must be able to work at all four library locations
- Must be able to work independently.
- Mobility - Climbing ladders
- Using lawn mower, vacuum cleaner, mop
- Walking carrying loads up to 50 lbs.
- Stooping to shovel and dig
- Handling heavy machinery
- Visual ability to handle hazardous machines and cleaning fluids
- Required to work in the cold and heat
- Exposure to cleaning agents and lawn and garden chemicals
- Lawn movers, mops, pails, hand tools, ladders, brooms, sponges, shovels, week trimmers, and vacuum cleaners
Any mileage for travel outside of the county will be reimbursed at the standard mileage rate currently set by the Kentucky Finance Cabinet (see travel reimbursement policy)
Bullitt County Public Library is an AA, EEO and ADA employer.