Bilingual (English/Spanish) Assistant Production Supervisor (2nd Shift: 4:30 pm – 3:00 am)
United Business Mail currently has an opening for a 2nd Shift Bilingual (English/Spanish) Assistant Production Supervisor in our Itasca facility. If you are a results-focused, hands on, experienced and motivated production supervisor who does what you say you will do, takes care of the customer, strives for the win-win, helps others succeed, has fun, and desires to grow individually and as a company, we would like to hear from you.
Working with the Production Supervisor, the Assistant Production Supervisor is responsible for assisting the supervisor in various tasks and functioning as their point of contact to coordinate with employees in the production, ensuring that their needs are understood and relayed, in the day-to-day production activities and performance in his/her assigned area as it pertains to people, processes and equipment. This individual will assist the supervisor by leading and supervising up to 150 employees and is responsible for monitoring job performance metrics, and relaying productivity concerns to the Supervisor. Additionally, focusing on employee’s safety as well as creating and maintaining a workplace culture that engages and motivates associates at all levels.
Supervises 2nd shift 4:30 pm to 3:00 am Tuesday- Saturday. Hours vary depending on customer’s daily volume fluctuations and business requirements.
• Provides on-the-job leadership and task supervision of assigned employees on specific number of machines
• Acts in a capacity to extend the supervisory abilities of the immediate reporting supervisor in charge of the overall area
• Assigns employees to machines and assigns individual tasks to employees where required
• Follows up with training employees, checks their work and corrects improper performance of tasks
• Assists the Supervisor with the responsibility of meeting safety, quality, and production goals
• Assists with scheduled maintenance and repairs to ensures they are completed to maximize efficiency
• Performs various pre-op and in-run checks daily or as scheduled
• Diagnoses production problems that occur in a variety of areas including quality, line supply, mechanical down-time and initiate corrective action to optimize scheduled production runs.
• Complete reports, maintain production records or enter operating data into system input points, as required
• Ensures work area is kept clean and sanitary
• Performs other duties as assigned
· At least 2 years’ experience in a similar lead or assistant supervisor role in a production environment required; experience with USPS mail processing or in the direct mail industry strongly preferred
· Bi-lingual proficiency in English and Spanish required (please do not apply unless you meet this requirement)
· Experience working with temporary labor a plus
· Excellent people skills, a positive attitude and the ability to motivate people
· Excellent oral, written, and listening communication skills
· Ability to adjust communication style to multiple audiences and facilitate group coaching, information sharing and conflict resolution
· Ability to change priorities to meet changing demands and adjust quickly to new responsibilities and tasks
· Ability to manage multiple priorities at one time
· Computer aptitude a plus
· Ability to work flexible shifts and additional hours as needed
United Business Mail is a presort mail services company providing postage savings to businesses in a variety of industries. By combining mail from many different customers, we are able to achieve postal discounts that are not available to customers who submit their own mailings. UBM has been in business since 1987 and has grown to be a respected industry leader with over 300 employees in Minneapolis and Chicago.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Telemedicine, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match, Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, Weekly Pay Periods