National Covenant Properties (NCP) is a $450,000,000 “church extension fund” making loans to congregations and affiliated entities of The Evangelical Covenant Church. These loans are primarily for church real estate projects. With over 300 loans, NCP is innovative in providing credit to appropriate borrowers. As part of the real estate consulting and lending process, NCP is looking to add a new position of Real Estate Services Specialist to expand the coaching, consulting, and lending guidance to churches and other organizations affiliated with The Evangelical Covenant Church.
The Real Estate Services Specialist will provide real estate coaching, consulting, and lending guidance to churches and other organizations affiliated with The Evangelical Covenant Church (Covenant) within the eleven regional conferences of the Covenant. This position will prepare underwriting and credit analysis reports with information for use in decision making during loan presentations.
· Provide guidance to congregations and individuals on the developments and preparation of NCP loan application packets. This would include institutional and financial data.
· Actively participate in strategic relationship management with existing and prospective constituents.
· Deliver consultation to churches and their leadership on facility design, location searches and property developments.
· Review leases, purchase or sale agreements or other real estate contracts to ensure compliance and responsiveness to NCP, Covenant and/or governmental guidelines.
· Monitor and advise on real estate trends and market analysis within the 11 regions NCP provides its services.
· Facilitate consultation on technical (i.e., land, legal, contracts etc.) matters to NCP leadership and staff, as well as board members and/or constituency, as deem appropriate and needed.
· Engage in a professional, hospitable, and courteous manner in NCP’s electronic, phone and in-person communication.
· Manage and advise conference staff and leadership on real estate sales or acquisitions.
· Collaborate with key stakeholders on approvals, strategy development and implementation and/or concept development that improves or enhances NCP’s mission and positioning.
· Participate in marketing and communication efforts that increase awareness and engagement of church constituency with NCP investment opportunities.
· Gather, analyze, and interpret financial information for NCP leadership and key constituency.
· Formulate reports, proposals, and additional presentations, as warranted to facilitate engagement of stakeholders.
· Other duties as assigned by President.
Comprehensive Benefit Package:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 403b(9) Retirement Plan, and Paid Time-Off.
Education and Experience
Required: Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance or accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five to ten years of commercial real estate, financial, and/or commercial lending experience, including experience in accounting and nonprofit environment with heavy customer service emphasis. High proficiency in computer and internet technology. Expert knowledge and experience with standard accounting principles. Preferred: Personal engagement with the Evangelical Covenant Church.
Personal Skills and Characteristics
· Personal and demonstrated Christian faith.
· Willingness to fully support the mission and ministry of the Evangelical Covenant Church at the denominational, regional conference and local congregational levels, as well as affiliated entities and ministries. Personal membership in a Covenant church is strongly encouraged.
· Mastery of Office 365 (with a high reliance on Excel) and other analytic tools. Working knowledge of Microsoft and Windows application, databases development and management, and web technologies.
· Series 63 securities license (or within 90 days of hire).
· Good understanding of GAAP standards and practices.
· Detail oriented, strong organization, prioritization and time-management skills are evident.
· Excels in attention to detail with high level of accuracy in preparation of financial transactions, written documents, reports, and correspondence.
· Effectively communicates in written and verbal forms in person and via communication mediums.
· Works well under pressure and is able to accurately accomplish multiple tasks, with conflicting priorities and timelines. Ability to track and report progress on a wide range of tasks, simultaneously.
· Ability to respond to and deal with a range of ad hoc queries/requests.
· Capable of managing stress by accepting criticism, engaging in conflict resolution, dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
· Ability to operate with discretion and confidentiality at all times, especially related to customer information
· Maintains flexibility in approach and adjusts actions when appropriate.
· Excellent management and people skills to embrace diversity of schedules, backgrounds, formats, contexts, etc.
· Uses critical thinking skills to exercise discretion and independent judgement, applying logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to address challenges.
· Self-starter and ability to work independently.
Able to work well in professional office setting, occasionally work remotely as well as evenings and weekends. Frequently travel domestically, up to 40%-50%. Must be versatile and able to work for prolonged segments sitting or standing. Must engage frequently with office tools and equipment, such as: computer, copier, phone, web-conferencing equipment, cell communication, printers, calculators, scanners, etc. Must be able to occasionally lift or move items, less than 35 lbs.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter expressing their interest along with a resume or curriculum vitae, electronically to Human Resources at email@example.com.