You’re part of a proud tradition when you work with us at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. From our humble beginnings in 1946 as Santa Claus Land, America’s first theme park has grown into a world-class attraction in the heart of Santa Claus, Indiana. Holiday World’s top-ranked coasters and attractions, along with its lovingly restored and maintained classic rides, are matched only by Splashin’ Safari water park—the Water Coaster Capital of the World. Since 1946, the parks have been owned and operated by the Koch family, and that makes all the difference. When you work for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, we treat you like family because we are a family.
The Regional Sales Representative actively engages in corporate and group sales activities to drive attendance and revenue and achieve business goals for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. This role is responsible for directly selling to potential customers in a defined region (Indiana and Illinois), ensuring quality execution of sold events, and serving as a community ambassador for the Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari brand. This is primarily a remote position with extensive regional travel and frequent visits to the park required.
- Travel throughout the region on a regular basis to meet potential clients
- Participate as an exhibitor at conferences throughout the region
- Represent company through regional Chamber of Commerce, Society for Human Resources Management, and similar organizations
- Prompt communication through multiple channels including email, phone calls, and in-person meetings
- Communicate important, detailed, and correct information to the department team members.
- Model Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari’s Cornerstones and Values through all forms of communication
- Possible weekends, evenings, and holidays during the operating season or for corporate events
- Work with department leaders to ensure all sold events are executed successfully and comply with all internal policies and requirements
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of the Amusement Park industry with regard to trends in sales initiatives and special events
- Establish relationships with potential corporate clients and maintain relationships with current corporate clients
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of prior sales experience
- Ideal location to reside in is Southern Indiana within 100 miles of Santa Claus, Indiana
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related discipline preferred
- Theme Park experience is preferred
- Enthusiastic approach to helping clients
- Sales and goal-oriented
- Willingness to travel overnight to attend and participate in seminars, meetings, and conferences out of town
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn new software programs
- Ability to work independently and a high level of self-discipline
- Ability to work full-time
- Valid driver’s license
- Acceptable pre-employment drug screen, credit check, and background check
Holiday World & Splashin' Safari offers competitive wages and benefits, including a generous 401(k) match, bonus program, PTO accrual program, tuition discounts, and reimbursements, free season passes and tickets, and much more!
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status or any other status protected by law.