The SDR will help drive NCS growth through early-stage customer acquisition. This individual should be eager to seek out prospective solar customers and effectively communicate the value of working with NCS. The SDR will contribute to the long-term strategy for creating and sustaining a flow of customer leads. This individual should be a personable, sales professional excited to make a large impact at a local and fast-growing organization.
• Survey and evaluate DC real estate for new opportunities for solar development on buildings, parking lots, and other open spaces
• Initiate conversations with property owners through cold calls, email campaigns, partnerships, and broader community outreach
• Help Sales Development Manager pitch new lead generation ideas and initiatives to drive down costs of customer acquisition
• Create relationships within the community and work with NCS marketing for targeted customer engagement
• Drive consistent engagement with a variety of potential customers across many business types
• Report to Sales Development Manager and Sales Operations Manager on progress to goal and use HubSpot CRM to share work product
• Convert leads into actionable meetings and opportunities for Account Executives
• Provide customers with ballpark economics and understanding and preliminary deal structuring (training will be provided).
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Strong communication skills with attention to detail and organization
• Positive attitude with a passion for solar energy development and a desire to help proliferate solar in Washington, DC and beyond as we grow
• Experience in sales, real estate and/or energy is a plus