Financial Services Representative (FSR) is the primary front-line representative responsible for creating a welcoming environment for customers by providing account and service origination and maintenance to new and existing customers in person and customer inquiries by phone. Performs both platform and teller line duties.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager with daily supervision and support of teller line activity.
• Performs overrides and teller duties as needed.
• Assists with daily branch/vault/ATM proof, cash shipments, night depository proof and check imaging processing
• Familiar with retail banking regulations and responsibilities relating to each
• Strong knowledge of banking products both personal and business, to effectively assist customers’ needs in opening accounts and required documentation.
• Services customers by opening new accounts, performing account maintenance, taking loan applications and commercial loan referrals
• Research and resolve customer issues, acting as the customer liaison between other bank departments when necessary
• Maximizes selling and referral opportunities both on platform and teller line. Includes Loyalty enrollment, qualified Investment, Merchant Services and Commercial loan referrals
• Excellent customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees
• Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained
• Contributes to the fulfillment of the branch to meet the bank’s objectives and goals
• Actively participate in training programs to maintain and acquire additional knowledge and skills
• Assists Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager with the review and maintenance of internal control logs and daily and monthly reports
• Complete training to successfully obtain MLO # through Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry
• Acquire New York State Notary Licensing
• Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Bank of Greene County is a federal contractor and an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
BANK SECRECY ACT (BSA)
Before assuming any duties, each employee will be trained in the proper filing and logging procedures for large currency transactions and the sale of monetary instruments.
Each employee will immediately report suspicious currency transactions or activity to their immediate supervisor or the BSA Officer.
All employees will become familiar with how their customers handle their accounts and will report any transactions that are not within the normal activities of the customer.
The employee will be trained in compliance with the BSA, USA PATRIOT ACT and associated laws and regulations under the Bank’s Compliance Program as it pertains to his or her job functions. Employees are expected to meet all compliance requirements as stated within the Bank’s BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Program. Failure to meet these compliance standards may adversely affect performance appraisals and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination. Employee’s compliance violations may result in termination, individual fines, and possible imprisonment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 2 years cash handling experience, prior banking experience preferred
• Good interpersonal, communication and computer skills
• Strong ability to conduct relationships with customers that will enhance the overall marketing effort of the bank
• Detailed oriented, strong organizational skills and high degree of accuracy