- On-time delivery of goods to domestic and international customers
For predefined customers (main customers):
- Customer service and management of all internal and external correspondence in cooperation with the respective Sales Manager (order, deliveries, samples, complaints, etc.)
- Order processing – review of customer orders with regard to price conditions, delivery terms, and tracking of payment plans as well as the scheduling into the logistics system (transportation file) and creation of all customer relevant documents (packing list, etc.) as well as working closely with accounting for any information necessary for invoices and credits
- Customer data creation, data maintenance and recording of customer particularities
- Product data creation (product ID and description) and product data maintenance
- Send requests for transportation quotations
- Organizing transportation pickups of customer orders and creating shipping documentation in Navision
- Work with freight forwards to conduct customs clearance for international shipments (outside of the US) with personal accountability.
- Archiving of relevant Customer Care Team (CCT) documents (shipping documents, customs documents etc.) in the content management system (Navision)
- Create and send monthly shipping reports
- Setting up processes to ensure accurate OTD measurements. Monitoring, and communicating site performance to “on-time delivery” targets.
- Support the site with preparing shipments of equipment and other items (RMO/FedEx)
- Enter quarterly sales pricing quotes into Navision software
- Lead a daily review of the shipping schedule and provide the new schedule to CCT, Finishing, Procurement, Production Managers, and the warehouse
- Create and manage CCT procedural documents
- Manage System of Record master list
- Develop/manage the CCT metrics dashboard
Communication skills: Strong communication skills to collaborate with colleagues and do business with suppliers and customers.
Critical-thinking skills: Must develop, adjust, and carry out logistical plans. Able to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
Customer service skills: Understand the needs of their customers in order to coordinate the movement of materials between suppliers and customers. Listen to the customer and apply that knowledge of the products and systems to provide what is required.
Organizational skills: Must be able to keep detailed records and simultaneously manage several projects in a fast-paced environment.
Problem-solving skills: Must handle unforeseen issues, such as delivery problems, and adjust plans as needed to resolve the issues.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Supply Chain Management. Related work experience may substitute for education. Previous customer service and international logistics experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment is required. Bilingual English / Spanish / desirable