The award-winning team at GGLO, a collaborative design firm, seeks a Designer I for our Seattle location to support our growth in multiple locations, disciplines, markets, and project types.
GGLO is a design practice for architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, and interior design. With offices in Boise, Seattle, and Los Angeles, we work as a single, collaborative studio focused on connecting people through beauty and innovation. We create projects which are visionary, contextually appropriate, and culturally resonant.
About the Role
The primary function of the Architectural Designer I at GGLO is to support the project team in the completion of projects in accordance with the established goals and scope of that project. This position is fully integrated into a project team and exposed to a full scope of projects from start to finish. Each Designer I participates in mentoring and coaching opportunities, attends GGLO’s continuing education and training programs, and works under direction of licensed professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare project documents for meetings, presentations, and submittals
· Pick up redlines in a strategic and thorough manner
· Understand and follow the firm’s standards and expected level of project documentation
· Develop and maintain proficiency with software to effectively convey design intent
· Work collaboratively in a team setting for collaboration, learning, and furthering the work
· Understand workload scheduling and project timelines, working efficiently to meet deadlines
· Understand project scope, working effectively to meet project requirements
· Design Thinking; you seek to understand the problem and context before creatively contemplating sustainable solutions to create spaces where communities can gather and thrive
· Proactive; you engage in dialogue for clarity and learning, and taking initiative to tackle challenges
· Curious; you seek to understand, constantly learning through each task completed
· Collaborative; you are a team player with effective, honest communication
· Efficient; you understand assignments and work diligently to complete tasks in a timely manner
· Architecture Degree, with interest in pursuing licensure
· Proficiency in Revit, GIS, Rhino, Grasshopper, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
· Experience with being a part of a collaborative, integrated team structure for all phases of work
· Proven history of excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication, and presentation skills
· Ability to hand sketch to communicate design concepts
· Ability to communicate effectively in English
· Authorization to work in the United States
· Experience in various project phases, including Concept Design, Schematic Design and production of Design Communication packages
· Experience with, or interest in, our core markets
· Ability to think in 3D, with an understanding of complex design issues
· Demonstrated ability to produce quality work
· LEED accreditation preferred
We offer a stimulating and exciting team-oriented design environment where our employees are challenged to bring their best creative spirit to their work. We offer mentorship programs, flexible schedules, an Emerging Professionals group, and a collaborative, supportive environment. We support a hybrid in-person and virtual environment with laptop, peripherals and software provided. We take great pride in working together both in person and remotely to deliver the highest-quality design solutions for our clients, and leading innovative design into the future. Our workplace is respectful and diverse, with teams that thrive on engagement, learning, and innovation.
Additionally, we offer paid licensure and industry memberships, professional development, mentorship programs, and a collaborative, stable environment. Along with competitive salaries, we offer a generous benefit package including fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K with employer match program, time off, transit subsidy, bicycle parking, pet friendly atmosphere, building gym access, robust wellness program, annual Profit-Sharing contributions, as well as an annual discretionary bonus opportunity for all employees.
Please visit our careers page at www.GGLO.com or click “Apply” button if visible. This offer is for employment in a specific office location. However, we have three offices so if this area doesn’t quite meet your needs, we would be happy to discuss another location as well. We look forward to hearing from you!
GGLO, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.
Designer 1, D1