You will be responsible for assisting customers in identifying their needs, determining the insurance options that provide the best value for their business and then growing and maintaining the relationship over time. This position requires proactive sales and service including cross-selling additional services to round out relationships.
- Informs and educates clients about policy coverage, changes, exclusions and insurance needs;
- Pre-qualifies and analyzes prospective business clients according to agency standards.
- Prepares, completes and submit applications to carriers; develop summaries, proposals and provide technical support in coordination with Producer(s); and responsible for follow-up with carriers and clients;
- Reviews policies and all documentation for accuracy and quality standards
- Assists clients with coverage changes, certificate requests, binders and endorsements; uses each contact as an opportunity to review needs and cross-sell appropriate services.
- Responsible for existing client account review and renewal process including client contact, remarketing and proposals;
- Actively seeks referrals from current clients and utilizes internal database to generate new businesses;
- Cross-sells additional business services and refers clients to personal and financial services teams
- Manages non-renewals and cancellation requests in order to retain business where appropriate
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- In-depth knowledge of current computer system functions, input procedures, codes and how to perform technical tasks to expedite client service.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong customer service focus with a highly professional attitude and approach to business
- Full knowledge of business insurance markets and products including rating procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and write assigned client and prospect lists.
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of agency management software and insurance rating software; proficient in Microsoft Suite office software; working knowledge of Applied EPIC agency management system a plus
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to handle multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced team environment
Education & Experience:
Minimum of 3+ years experience as commercial/business insurance account manager. Producer P&C licensed required. High School diploma required. College degree desirable. Experience in a sales or service organization preferred. Bilingual ability is considered a strong plus, but not required.