This position involves the management of human biospecimen requests, procurement direction with collection sites, and the distribution of samples to clients to enable drug discovery and biomarker research studies. Position title is dependent upon a combination of qualification and experience.
Location will be at ABS headquarters in Wilmington, DE.
Duties and Responsibilities
(This list is not comprehensive but is used to provide general guidance. Other duties may be required.)
- Communicate with the Business Development Team about incoming project requests.
- Work with Procurement Team in creating a plan to execute incoming project requests on the availability of samples and services
- Coordinate with biospecimen collection sites and vendors to ensure feasibility, availability, and budget of samples and services.
- Communicate with Business Development Team with project feasibility updates and vendor capabilities
- Communicate vendor data and feasibility updates to the Director of Biospecimen Network Operations
- Maintain and update records without delay
- Communicate and coordinate with the Biorepository Team to ensure sample criteria and vendor selection are executed at the production phase
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Adherence to applicable company policies and guidelines
- Adherence to federal and/or local regulations as applicable
- Education: A minimum of an Associate degree in medical or biological science required. A BS or BA degree or higher degree in biological sciences preferred. An equivalent of education and work-related experience may be considered.
- Language Skills: Must be fluent in English and possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Good listening skills and the ability to respond to requests quickly and accurately are required.
- Mathematics skills: A basic understanding of arithmetic and elementary algebra.
- Computer Skills: Must be able to search the Internet independently to find necessary information to help process client requests and those of their supervisor in an efficient manner. Must become proficient in NetSuite, Paylocity, Qualio, FreezerPro, and BSI database systems.
- Biospecimen Knowledge: A basic understanding of anatomy, medical terminology, cell and molecular biology, and different disease types to add context and value to client requests.
- Clinical Experience: Previous experience as a Clinical Research Associate or Coordinator or in a medical center biobank is considered preferred. Experience in translational, clinical research or health care setting preferred.