The Branch Manager is responsible for the administration and efficient daily operations of the branch office to which they are assigned. Develops new deposit and loan business, provides a superior level of customer service and promotes the service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation. Provides leadership, training and supervision to Assistant Manager, Tellers, and Financial Service Representatives to insure customer service expectations are met.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Business development within branch market to develop strong customer relationships regarding deposit account and loan originations
• Attend and actively participate in region Business Development meetings.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills required to manage, motivate and develop branch employees
• Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and high degree of accuracy
• Compliance with all bank policies and procedures
• Approve customer and bank transactions within authority limits
• Knowledgeable on all deposit and consumer loan products
• Ensure that all security procedures are strictly adhered to, branch is operationally sound and satisfactory audits are achieved
• Maintain proper branch and teller cash levels within limits. Responsible for ordering and shipping branch cash through Federal Reserve
• Maintain staff schedules to provide adequate coverage at all times
• Prepare Staff performance appraisals and disciplinary notices as needed
• Assume community leadership and service responsibilities with focus on Community Reinvestment Act, by attending community events, such as Chamber of Commerce events, outside of normal business hours
• Represent the financial institution to the community through good customer relations. Participate in local nonprofit events including involvement as a board member when practicable
• Maintain the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained
• Ability to meet sales targets and production goals
• Meet expectation for attendance and punctuality
• Facilitate regular employee meetings to discuss goals, operational issues and bank products and services
• Knowledgeable on core operating system and other related software
• Capability of performing Assistant Manager, Teller and Financial Service Representative duties
• Follows bank policies and procedures with respect to approving checks and overrides
• Ability to open and maintenance deposit accounts
• Assists in opening teller cashbox and handling customer transactions as needed
• Supervise vault and safe deposit box operations and procedures
• Maintains security procedures in opening and closing of branch
• Apply and obtain MLO # through Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry
• New York State Notary
• Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Bank of Greene County is a federal contractor and an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
BANK SECRECY ACT (BSA)
Before assuming any duties, each employee will be trained in the proper filing and logging procedures for large currency transactions and the sale of monetary instruments.
Each employee will immediately report suspicious currency transactions or activity to their immediate supervisor or the BSA Officer.
All employees will become familiar with how their customers handle their accounts and will report any transactions that are not within the normal activities of the customer.
The employee will be trained in compliance with the BSA, USA PATRIOT ACT and associated laws and regulations under the Bank’s Compliance Program as it pertains to his or her job functions. Employees are expected to meet all compliance requirements as stated within the Bank’s BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Program. Failure to meet these compliance standards may adversely affect performance appraisals and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination. Employee’s compliance violations may result in termination, individual fines, and possible imprisonment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree-business or finance preferred; or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of two years’ experience in a financial institution, managerial experience preferred
• Strong communication, analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to effectively uncover and resolve customer and employee issues
• Strong computer skills
• Strong ability to conduct relationships with customers that will enhance the overall marketing effort of the bank