Doing retail better. This mantra has guided NewMark Merrill over the last 40 years: through changes, challenges, varied economies and industry disruption. We hold true to our core beliefs of connecting with communities, creating authentic environments of unsurpassed opportunity for tenants and sharing our passion for retail real estate with innovative team members.
With offices in Denver, Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego and Chicago, NewMark Merrill owns and manages more than 10 million square feet of retail assets comprised of over 2,000 tenants across 80 cities.
As a boutique-sized firm, we offer both the benefit of large portfolio economies of scale paired with agile decision-making capability and individualized attention from senior leadership.
By combining close relationships with communities, hands-on engagement with our merchants and shoppers, and industry leading investments in technology and data collection, we provide the insights that help ensure our tenants have the tools to succeed in our centers.
The combination of understanding the communities we serve, and world class technology allows us to maximize value and create exceptional experiences that convert visitors into loyal customers.
Our people are what make NewMark Merrill the successful and innovative company it has become. With an unwavering commitment to the success of our partners, the communities we serve and the development of our people, we have created an authentic and proactive culture that sets NewMark Merrill apart.
Reporting to a Property Manager, the Assistant Property Manager, will assist in managing the day-to-day operations of a portfolio of shopping centers. This position provides an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to be part of a growing company and continue to expand their knowledge of retail real estate management.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in the day-to--day operational management of our shopping centers consistent with policies & procedures, approved budgets and management direction.
- Assist the Property Manager in the preparation of operating and capital expenditure budgets.
- Maintain current certificates of insurance for vendors and tenants.
- Manage positive tenant focused relationships to ensure that we are anticipating tenant needs and promptly responding to their requests.
- Assist the Property Manager soliciting and analyzing bids for maintenance or repair work and coordinates vendor activities for contracted services.
- Assist in reviewing and analyzing leases to determine Landlord and/or tenant responsibilities.
- Prepare, organize, and maintain tenant and vendor files.
- Assist leasing with showings for potential tenants and coordinate turn-overs or surrenders as needed.
- Process signage and all construction approval requests.
- Ensure all contracts, certificate of insurance and corresponding documents are uploaded to Document Management System.
- Draft, process, and distribute contracts, license agreements, addendums, etc.
- Other duties/tasks as directed by the Property Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in property management, preferably in a retail center.
- Well-developed organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills aligned with excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing time sensitive tasks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- California Sales Person License required or must be prepared to take the California Sales Person licensing exam within 3 months of employment.
- Proficient in MS Office with competency in manipulating/creating Excel spreadsheets to meet reporting, analysis and budgeting requirements.