Delta Gamma offers to women of all ages a rich heritage based on principles of personal integrity, personal responsibility and intellectual honesty. Our primary purpose is to foster high ideals of friendship, promote educational and cultural interests, create a true sense of social responsibility and develop the finest qualities of character. Through service, leadership, mentoring and friendship opportunities, our members are able to develop individually while advancing the organization as a whole. Honesty, truth, responsibility, accountability and our high quality of character help to create the strong, talented women of Delta Gamma. Through legacy and loyalty, Delta Gamma continues to grow, achieve, thrive and succeed. We are rich in heritage and tradition, and our Delta Gamma pride empowers us to forever "Do Good."
We are seeking a dynamic person for the full-time House Director position at DePauw University (less than 1 hour from Indianapolis). The Gamma Iota Chapter currently has 34 women living in the house. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated house director and/or property management experience and strong communication skills. Proven experience in providing a safe and secure sorority house a plus. In addition to a competitive salary, the position includes, a fully furnished suite, Smart television, dorm refrigerator, Keurig, utilities, cable and internet are provided. All meals will be provided when the collegians are in residence.
Job duties include but not limited to in compliance with CDC COVID-19 protocol:
* Ensures a safe, comfortable and productive environment for collegians.
* Maintains and manages the maintenance budget.
* Coordinates routine maintenance and manages multiple service providers.
* Fosters relationships and oversees the catering team to ensure the presentations and quality of food is at Gamma Iota's high standards.
* Communicates house maintenance issues to the House Corporation.
* Notifies the House Corporation of major repairs with estimates that need to be completed.
* Immediately reports all damages which require insurance claims to the House Corporation.
* Creates strategy for the long-term care and upkeep of the facility and presents the information at a House Corporation meeting.
* Manages two part-time employees, including but not limited to, hiring, reviewing/approving payroll, employee relations, completing performance evaluations, etc.
* Communicates any unusual trends and/or problems within the chapter to the Chapter Adviser.
* Communicates professionally and regularly with Chapter President and Director of House Management.
* Manages the key fob and camera systems.
* Serves as a hostess for the Chapter at social events held at the Chapter House.
* Maintains and is responsible for a credit card for small expenses.
* Adheres to campus, Fraternity and Chapter policies and rules.
* Observes House Corporation Board policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
* Previous House Director experience preferred. Previous Property Management experience accepted.
* Excellent communication and organizational skills.
* Ability to work independently and efficiently.
* Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with students, parents, alumnae, service providers and community resources.
* Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work with college-age women. Must have patience and the ability to pivot.
* Ability to maintain confidential information.
* Ability to perform basic functions in Microsoft Word, Excel and the ability to scan and email documents.
* Positive solution-focused attitude.
* Ability to climb up and down several flights of stairs and lift 25 pounds if necessary.
* A valid driver’s license preferred.
Forty-hour workweek; must be onsite, overnight, seven nights per week except when prior arrangements have been made for other adult supervision.
**This is a smoke, alcohol, drug, animal and firearms free environment.