About USA Volleyball
Would you like to work in the Olympic movement with one of the most successful organizations serving one of the fastest growing and exciting sports in the world? USA Volleyball (USAV) is the national governing body for beach, indoor, sitting, snow, and para-beach volleyball in the United States with over 400,000 members, responsible for selecting the Olympic and Paralympic volleyball teams. USA Volleyball also supports a network of regional associations, youth and junior programs, national championships, coaching and officials training, grassroots development, and the SafeSport initiative. Visit www.usavolleyball.org for more.
USAV is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing the diversity of its community. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation in our programs and activities or our employment practices. To learn more about USAV’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts, please visit our DEI page at: https://www.teamusa.org/usa-volleyball/dei.
The Coordinator SafeSport is a regular full-time salaried position reporting to General Counsel. This position’s primary role is to support Regions and Staff regarding SafeSport matters to include receiving, reporting and tracking complaints of abuse and misconduct, ensuring compliance and auditing activities are communicated, met and tacked, while also promoting education materials and raising the platform of athlete safety. Minimal travel may be required to annual meetings. Extended hours are to be expected to include some nights, weekends and holidays. Cross departmental support is a general expectation of all USAV employees. The position is in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to:
· Serve as USA Volleyball’s primary liaison with the USOPC, U.S. Center for SafeSport’s Education and Outreach, Compliance and Investigations and Resolution departments and other NGB’s, in all matters related to athlete safety.
· Keep supervisor and management apprised of all important issues related to USA Volleyball’s athlete protection efforts.
· Serve as staff liaison to the RVAA SafeSport Working Group, providing information on current initiatives, requirements, and provide feedback on issues that affect the RVAA.
· Monitor and respond to the USAV General SafeSport Inbox.
· Be the initial and primary point of contact for all complaints and related questions related to abuse and misconduct.
· Receive and acknowledge all complaints, in a timely manner that come through USAV National SafeSport hotline and email.
· Provide communication, in a timely manner, to all relevant parties on progress and status of complaints as appropriate.
· Maintain records on all cases logging investigation information, activities and status of cases.
· Ensure that there is an effective tracking system and provide updates and status reports as appropriate to supervisor.
· Coordinate, produce and oversee the implementation of effective educational programs for all member athletes, their parents, coaches and clubs.
· Continually monitor relevant subject matter, identify issues and trends, and keep USA Volleyball National and Regional leadership informed.
· Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications department to disseminate information through USAV blogs, newsletters, etc.
· Serve as an informational resource for Regions and clubs, including helping to identify and connect them with local educational partners and resources.
· Work with Region to incorporate athlete protections education components into their programs and services.
· Assist on a region-by-region basis as requested.
· Plan and bring educational opportunities to the annual USA Volleyball meeting and identify and work with others to raise awareness and advance educational efforts.
· Other duties and projects as assigned.
· Bachelor degree in Legal Studies, Social Services, Law Enforcement, related degree or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum of three years working in the following disciplines: Social Services, Child Protective Services, Law Enforcement, Para legal, or other related field.
· Working experience providing customer service to diverse constituent group.
· Possess excellent written, verbal and organizational skills with attention to detail.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on Excel.
· Presentation skills is a plus.
· Working knowledge of the U.S. Center for SafeSport and USOPC athlete protection programs is a plus.
· Must be able to successfully pass a USAV background screening (prior to hire date).
· Must successfully complete SafeSport training within two weeks of hire date and remain current.
USAV also offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees to include:
· Paid Vacation
· Personal Time
· Up to 14.5 paid holidays per year
· 403B retirement plan
· Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
· Parental Leave
· Robust EAP and wellness program
· Employer paid life insurance
· Benefits may be modified or discontinued from time to time at the company’s discretion as permitted by law
Applications accepted online only. Phone calls not accepted. Applications must be received by no later than Friday, November 19, 2021. Please ensure your cover letter addresses your interest in USAV and the position.