The Market President provides leadership and direction for its designated location(s). This position is responsible for loan supervision, accounting, marketing, retail, and managing the daily operations of the bank.
In addition, the Market President shall have the overall responsibility for: directing and overseeing the performance of all staff, along with leading and overseeing employee evaluations within the market; ensuring market staff compliance with all established bank policies & procedures; developing goals and performance objectives for the market.
This position is responsible for implementing corporate objectives in accordance with policies established by the CEO and Board of Directors.
MARKET PRESIDENT PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Communicates and implements bank’s strategic plan and procedures, consistent with established financial policies and Board approval.
2. Manages operational activities in the designated market(s), including staff oversight and ensures adherence to established bank policies.
3. Supports and assists the Regional Manager in planning for the financial success of the market(s) assigned.
4. Remains current on products and services offered by competitors and vendors. Makes recommendations for new products and services and suggestions for improving existing ones.
5. Identifies and contacts current and prospective customers about new and existing products and services
6. Maintains a high level of customer confidence; assumes a leadership role in community projects and activities.
7. Actively engaged in a leadership role within the bank and participates in bank promotions and activities.
8. Actively engaged as part of the market loan staff with duties to include: approves or denies loan applications; adheres to bank policy, procedures and appropriate lending laws and regulations; handles all loan applications within appropriate customer service and regulatory timeframe; works cooperatively with loan clerical staff in acquiring necessary documentation for the loan files; works to maintain loan quality by striving for low incidence of incomplete documentation or regulatory violation; monitors loans for continuing quality
9. Works with peers and Management to develop and define procedures and policies for loan administration
10. Attends conferences and training as required, needed, or assigned to maintain current knowledge of industry regulations, requirements, and trends
MARKET PRESIDENT ROLE QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate will have:
Other Skills and Abilities
This position is responsible for supervising staff in accordance with the bank’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and taking corrective action with employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Work is performed largely within the Bank with limited chance for personal injury.
The following physical and mental requirements must be met to perform the essential functions of this position:
Frequently communicate with employees and other parties by phone, email and/or in person; can exchange accurate information in these situations. Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment such as a calculator, copy machine, and printer. Frequently move inside the office to access files or office equipment. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of office supplies and equipment. Some bending, turning, and twisting required. Periodic stressful situations in response to multiple priorities within established deadlines. Work hours are generally during normal business hours. Unscheduled evening and weekend work may be needed to meet the needs of customers and employees. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Occasionally drive to/from and work in multiple branches/locations.
This position description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position and should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the position. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties. All requirements are subject to change and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Bank and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the Bank and requirements of the position change.