Under the direction of the manager and in partnership with the marketing team and key members of Horizon Credit Union, to oversee brand execution and ensure creative materials represent the credit union’s vision and strategic objectives, as well as resonate with both current and potential members and credit union stakeholders
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Create and/or coordinate the development of compelling design concepts for credit union campaigns and initiatives that:
- Reflect the unique culture of each service provided and the vision and objectives of the credit union.
- Are consistent with the credit union’s brand and objectives.
- Can be deployed via multiple media types including but not limited to print, digital and other collateral.
- Are in compliance with professional, organizational and regulatory advertising requirements.
- Are produced within the allotted timeframes and within budget constraints.
- Effectively communicate creative strategy to a variety of stakeholders.
- Offer clear and meaningful art direction and feedback to support creative and marketing staff in achieving objectives on brand and concept elements.
- Ensure materials and communications are aligned with the credit union’s objectives.
- Provide ongoing timely approval of assigned assets produced by the creative staff with keen attention to brand adherence, target audience, functionality and compliance.
- Effectively manage and safeguard the creative assets of the credit union.
- Produce hand drawn graphics and convert them to electronic format.
- Create graphics and design assets for various applications and media.
- Collaborate with copy writing staff to generate captivating copy and headlines to support design concepts.
- Support internal departments by developing materials to meet their organizational objectives.
- Assist the Marketing Department leaders in the development and execution of the overall marketing and operational plans including promotional events, digital media and strategy, print media, literature, awareness-building initiatives and direct member contact.
- Work with external vendors to coordinate and track production of creative materials and maintain positive relationships; Research and resolve any discrepancies or problems as needed.
- Execute other functions that facilitate the objectives of the Marketing Department such as placing orders for materials and supplies, maintaining the department’s filing systems, etc.
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of all related policies, procedures, rules and regulations of Horizon Credit Union.
- Perform other duties in support of the credit union and/or the Marketing Department.
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Strong creative and organizational skills
- Highly proficient at problem-solving and time management
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Adaptable and quick learner
- Able to adapt personal style to accurately portray Horizon Credit Union’s brand through illustration elements
- Strong aptitude for working both independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability to independently take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Strong conceptual skills and a high-level sense of design, layout and typography
- A broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design solutions
- Ability to work well with tight deadlines in a team environment
- Resourceful and proactive
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Actively displays diplomacy, tact and professionalism in actions and appearance
- Must be familiar with all credit union products and services and have a clear understanding of traditional and contemporary ways and means of delivering and encouraging customers to use these products and services
- Familiar and comfortable with a variety of media formats including print, packaging, display, video and digital
- Proactively works with a variety of stakeholders from external vendors to internal clients to teammates and management
- Effectively manage personal queue, updates status of assigned tasks and projects, acquires design asset approval, uploads content and ensures content approval
EXPERTISE YOU NEED
Education & Experience
- A four-year college degree in Marketing, Graphic Design and/or related field.
- A minimum of five years working in the graphic design field with experience overseeing brand execution and working with vendors and creative teams to coordinate and track the development of marketing materials.
- At least one year of experience working in a leadership capacity.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to the above may be considered.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Creative Cloud
- High level of familiarity with multimedia, scripts and storyboards
- Expertise with MS Word and Outlook
- Working knowledge of most MS Office applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly explain complicated procedures in a simple and understandable manner both orally and in writing
- Creative problem-solving and logical reasoning
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new and changing technology, think critically and manage changing priorities
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently and balance competing priorities
- Proven teaching, coaching and positive team leadership skills
To perform the essential functions of this position an employee must be able to meet the following workplace demands: ability to converse with others, detect sound, identify and detect objects, match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness, count, read, write, operate a computer, handle and feel objects, reach with hands/arms and be stationary and/or stand and/or move for long periods of time. Occasionally an employee will lift/pull/push and carry up to 25 to 50 pounds, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and be able to maintain balance doing these activities. Position requires sound reasoning, good judgement and ability to apply knowledge toward work activities. The noise level is moderate and typical of a normal office environment. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Horizon Credit Union will provide reasonable accommodation/s to qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, unless such accommodations would cause the employer an undue hardship. To request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
ABOUT THIS JOB DESCRIPTION
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential functions and minimum qualifications for this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Job descriptions are not intended nor do they create an employment contract and are subject to change at any time to accommodate business necessity. The credit union maintains its status as an at-will employer where applicable. In support of Horizon Credit Union’s goals, employees may perform other duties as assigned and all employees are expected to:
- Exemplify our CORE Values
- Promote teamwork and collaboration
- Provide our members with the highest quality of service