Job title: Lifeguard
Reports to: Pool Manager
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Position Summary: Facilitate an enjoyable and safe experience for all at the Sandy Cove pools
Essential skills and experience
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Current lifeguard certification by a recognized certifying agency (i.e. American Red Cross, YMCA,etc.)
- Current First Aid certification by a recognized certifying agency (i.e. American Red Cross, YMCA, etc.)
- Current CPR certification by a recognized certifying agency (i.e. American Red Cross, YMCA, etc.)
- Responsible, adaptable and flexible in dealing with last minute changes
- Willingness to work weekdays, holidays and evenings and weekends as necessary
- Physically fit
- Develop friendly and courteous rapport with all pool patrons
- Ensure safety of each patron at Sandy Cove Ministries’ pools
- Guard the pool as scheduled and instructed by the Pool Manager
- Enforce all pool rules and regulations without bias
- Respond to issues and emergencies as trained, and document actions as required.
- Perform daily cleaning as scheduled and instructed by the Pool Manager
- Become familiar with and adhere to all health and safety guidelines
- Perform all related necessary duties as requested by the Pool Manager
Reporting to this position: None.
Non Essential Skills & Experience:
- Prior Lifeguard experience
Physical demands of work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.