The Zoo intern will be given the opportunity to learn, participate, and assist in many areas of responsibility in the Zoo section to which they are assigned. The ideal candidate is passionate about the Answers in Genesis attractions and serving others, enthusiastic, energetic, and an excellent multi-tasker. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Promote the Answers in Genesis mission and standards.
- Create a SERVE culture in all work done.
- This unique opportunity offers the chance to gain valuable knowledge in the workings of zoological institutions and the basics of animal husbandry techniques.
- Interns will gain practical experience in caring for captive wildlife by observing and assisting with:
- Diets and nutrition
- Animal health checks
- Habitat husbandry
- Record keeping
- Environmental enrichment
- Training through operant conditioning
- Learn the apologetics messages that the zoo communicates with guests
- Ensure safety of animals and guests in contact areas
- Other related activities
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.