NCS is seeking applicants to install residential and commercial PV systems. The PV Installer will provide support to the installation team, communicate job status data to the project foreman, and ensure the completion of installation of all solar arrays/systems. It is the responsibility of every Installer to ensure safe and top-quality work practices for the NCS installation team.
Requirements for Consideration
- Must have reliable transportation
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Full-time availability
- Must be comfortable working at heights
- Set up job site safety, such as assembling fall protection guardrail
- Lay out and assemble of solar modules / array and mounting hardware
- Mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment
- Support the installation of the electrical wiring of solar array (AC and DC)
- Clean job site
- Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, safety, and installation
- Conduct site visits to screen potential sites for solar access and safety issues
- Assist the team in complying with all company and OSHA safety policies
- Purchase equipment, assist with hardware store runs, load and unload equipment, answer client questions.
- Extended periods of walking, standing, sitting, kneeling, reaching, bending, and/or crawling
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions.
- Ascending and descending ladders of various heights
- Frequent heavy lifting on a daily basis, standing, bending, reaching, and crawling positions, and installing solar panels weighing up to 75lbs, unassisted, on a variety of rooftops (include pitched roofs).
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Experience working in any of the following fields: construction, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, or metal fabrication
- Extended periods of walking, standing, sitting, kneeling, reaching, bending, and/or crawling.
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions
- Experience and comfort with working on roofs
- Ascending and descending ladders of various height
- Demonstrates a desire and ability to learn
- Must be able to legally work in the U.S. and pass a background check and drug test
- NABCEP Entry Level certification or above
- Electrical License
- OSHA 30
- 5 years installing solar electrical systems.
- Advanced Understanding of DC & AC electrical systems
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Leave Time
- Professional Development Budget
- Vision, Dental, and Healthcare plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: New Columbia Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Occupational Health and Safety: New Columbia Solar provides a workplace free from recognized hazards and complies with standards, rules and regulations issued under the OSH Act.
Work Environment: This role is primarily based outdoors in all weather conditions and working at heights. This role routinely uses hand and power tools, along with industry specific tools and equipment.This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, printers, scanners, document projectors, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.