Role Overview: A GIS-Data Visualization Specialist plans and implements all aspects of the company’s data visualization program. In addition to creating work product, the successful candidate is responsible for developing and implementing standards and best practices to maintain quality and relevance within the marketplace. This position routinely interacts with project teams to identify resources that meet project objectives, timelines and milestones.
Responsibilities: (The following is a list of responsibilities of this position, but is not intended to cover all duties that this position may be required to perform from time to time.)
Minimum Skills/Experience Required:
· A Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Earth Science, Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited college or university
· A minimum 5 years of experience as a GIS or Data Visualization Specialist, GIS Coordinator, or similar position with professional-level experience in the design, development, implementation and administration of geographic information systems, including analysis and database development and integration.
· Experience with AutoDesk, AutoCAD Civil 3D, ESRI, ArcGIS with 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst Extensions preferred.
· Experience with 3D visualization of subsurface and subsurface contaminants required.
· Coding – R, Python skills required.
· Conceptualization skills are required to visualize finished products and projects.
· Strong written and oral communication skills for all levels of technical understanding.
· Problem solving is a required skillset.
· Basic knowledge of civil, geological, and mechanical terminology and hardware preferred.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
· The GIS-Data Visualization Specialist must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time paying close attention to detail.
· The GIS-Data Visualization Specialist’s work environment does not require much physical movement. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
· This position is an office environment. There may be occasional trips to client sites required in this job, where dust and noise may be present.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.