Allovue believes every student deserves access to the resources they need to be successful in school. Our education resource planning software empowers K-12 administrators at every level to allocate resources to best support the needs of their students. We seek people who are creative, funny, humble, flexible, motivated, collaborative, and problem-solvers. We love and respect our team members. We also love silly GIFs.
As a Senior Software Developer at Allovue, you will have the important responsibility to build web applications that enable resources to be allocated equitably to K-12 students. You can contribute to our mission by:
- Prioritizing code readability over eloquence or performance
- Being passionate about learning
- Exercising discipline by writing tests, creating small Pull Requests, avoiding leaky abstractions, and cleaning up after yourself
- Making good choices on your own
- Helping our team improve in a kind, humble, flexible way
- Taking responsibility for delivering large changes in an efficient, effective way
- Collaborating with team members in all parts of the company to create the best solutions possible
- Making wise decisions about what existing tools to leverage if any
- Generate tasks to implement approved product ideas
- Document your pull requests as a communication tool to the team, including providing QA steps for product managers and directing other engineers toward notable changes.
- Provide feedback to your team members on their pull requests.
- Conduct release demos for the company upon delivery of new features to our customers.
- Enough quality experience developing and maintaining web applications to have reached a senior level
- Experience building and maintaining web applications that have been deployed to a production environment with multiple users
- Maintained a production web application long enough to have suffered from your own bad decisions
- Experience teaching and helping other engineers
- Experience collaborating and planning with multiple types of product stakeholders
- Experience using multiple programming languages, libraries, frameworks, and tools
- Experience writing maintainable, automated tests
- Experience using Git version control system
- Experience having the primary responsibility to deliver large product features
Knowing our tech stack is not a requirement for being hired. It's certainly nice if you know some parts already, but our primary concern is that you are good at learning and adapting.
- Phoenix Web Framework
- Phoenix Live View
- Tailwind CSS
- Github Actions
- Deploy to Render.com
- Ruby on Rails
- Experience with accounting, HR, or ERP systems
- Experience with K-12 schools
- Experience with our tech stack
Salary Range: 125-140k