BlueWave Solar is a B Corporation on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solar solutions.
We have a rapidly growing team of experts intensely focused on increasing our solar loan footprint, refining our Solar Management Platform software, developing and managing community solar projects, and forging efficient capital partnerships that enable consumers to choose local, low-cost solar power. We are constantly innovating to keep pace with the evolving energy industry, and that spirit of innovation is what drives our company’s dynamic culture. We are an energetic, driven and welcoming group of people that is looking for our “people person” to help us build the right team to support us in meeting our goals.
When you join the BlueWave community, you join a team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable and high-integrity. We don’t just want to do business, we want to do good business. Because of our commitment to B Corp Certification we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to our impact on the environment, our employees, our communities, and our customers.
BlueWave has an immediate opening for a Software Engineering Intern, reporting to the Managing Director of Software Engineering. This role is responsible for developing client and middle tier applications. You will work closely with our other members of the technology team on full-stack development opportunities. This position requires a broad knowledge of computer science and software engineering as well as diverse development principles.
Is this you?
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops client tier and middle tier functionality, alongside other members of the software engineering team.
• Primarily responsible for enhancing current functionality and developing new functionality, based on current and future needs.
• Works closely with engineers to deliver high quality energy information software to the entire organization.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Currently pursuing a degree in one of the following fields: Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field.
• Ideally experience with at least one of the following: React, AngularJS, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, AWS, Jenkins, Salesforce, PHP, MongoDB, or Selenium.
• Other duties for which you are qualified.