We are seeking a Senior Automation and Controls Engineer who shares our passion for making the best food for your pet. This is position in the fast growing, exciting and challenging pet food industry where you can make a significant impact by applying your Data Analytics and Automation experience. The Senior Automation and Controls Engineer is primarily responsible for the configuration of historian data, development of historian reports and data analytics for reliable operation of manufacturing processes. You will work with cross functional teams to troubleshoot issues and monitor manufacturing systems. You will be developing data analytics tools and reports, driving appropriate GMP changes, prepare and control project schedules for programming process control systems. You will be providing technical support for manufacturing operations and for the specification, installation, start-up and validation support of process equipment projects. Other duties include interfacing with Maintenance, Engineering and Manufacturing personnel as required to coordinate and lead projects activities, prepare and review Operational SOP’s and Functional Requirement Specification (FRS), represent automation group in several meetings.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for OSI PI Historian, MS SQL, Power FI, Tableau for data collection, analytics, and reporting
- Lead data configuration, analytics and visualization support process monitoring, cost reduction, meet compliance and Data Integrity requirements.
- Deliver professional automation support of manufacturing operations by:
- Representing Engineering on cross functional process teams for data analytics and reporting
- Leading equipment and process troubleshooting efforts and Root Cause Analysis
- Implementing continuous improvement projects for data review/monitoring and audit trails
- Interacting regularly with Manufacturing, Maintenance, Process and Plant Engineering, Validation and Quality
- Data monitoring and analysis for process improvements and issue resolution
- Author, review, and approve change controls, deviation investigations, standard operating procedures (SOPs), drawings, schematics, work orders, etc .
- Provide engineering support and project management by:
- Maintain and enhance the Process Control and Building Management Systems monitoring
- Development of project scope, including user requirement, design, functional specifications, and engineering drawings.
- Influence functional groups regarding operability, technical feasibility, engineering design, maintenance, spare parts, installation/shut-down coordination, project schedule and validation/documentation requirements
- Arrange for procurement of equipment and instrumentation required for the projects
- Work with professional consultants and mechanical contractors to develop design and construction drawings/specifications and to implement and test the changes
- Lead installation, start-up, commissioning and qualification activities
- On call after hours and weekend support to Manufacturing to ensure continuous production.
- Keep up to date with required training. Develop expertise by attending technical seminars and training sessions.
- Grow and develop each year as an individual. Develop deep skills and knowledge. Deliver results consistently.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical, Computer Engineering) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with OSI PI Historian, MS SQL database/ reporting, and Data Analytics tools.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Allen-Bradley ( Studio 5000, RSLogix 5000, 500,5) and Rockwell Software (FactoryTalk View ME/SE)
- Experience enabling connected manufacturing solutions, digital manufacturing, and enabling “Industry 4.0” solutions
- Demonstrate a deep technical expertise with data monitoring and analytics
- Have experience with data analytics tools to monitor manufacturing processes, reduce cost, and data integrity (DI) compliance requirements
- Have experience working in cGMP environment.
Additional Skills/ Preferences
- Strong leadership skills
- Possess a passion for understanding, be inquisitive to what is happening in Automation, Data Analytics, and Industry 4.0.
- Be self-motivated, confident, able to influence and self-directed personality with able to work independently as well as in team environment.
- Be flexible, resilient, and proactive. Curious to learn new technology.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills