Lightspeed Construction Group, LLC is a premier telecommunications contractor for Charter Communications (Spectrum) and Comcast (Xfinity). As a leading telecommunications force in the Industry, our Company is responsible for a wide range of installations.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
· Short Term Disability
· Long Term Disability
· Life- Basic and Voluntary
· AD&D- Basic and Voluntary
· Accident & Critical Illness
· Health Reimbursement Account
· Flexible Spending Account
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan and match
· Paid holidays and paid vacations
· Growth opportunities
Requirements of Employment for a Directional Drill Operator
- Pass a background check and drug test.
- Clean MVR (motor vehicle record).
- 5 years experience within CATV construction.
- Class "A OR B" CDL License A MUST
- Able to safely operate Underground Utility construction equipment
- Knowledge of safely standards
Tasks Required of a Directional Drill Operator:
- Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of construction or extractive workers.
- Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures.
- Inspect work progress, equipment, or construction sites to verify safety or to ensure that specifications are met.
- Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment.
- Coordinate work activities with other construction project activities.
- Assign work to employees, based on material or worker requirements of specific jobs.
- Estimate material or worker requirements to complete jobs.
- Confer with managerial or technical personnel, other departments, or contractors to resolve problems or to coordinate activities.
- Order or requisition materials or supplies.
- Analyze worker or production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving production methods or implementing motivational plans.
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, or company policies.
- Record information such as personnel, production, or operational data on specified forms or reports.
- Provide assistance to workers engaged in construction or extraction activities, using hand tools or other equipment.
- Arrange for repairs of equipment or machinery.
- Suggest or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or hires.
Knowledge Required of a Foreman:
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools within Underground construction, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
We strive to foster a work environment that includes and embraces racial, ethnic and gender diversity and other individual differences. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion helps us attract and retain the best talent, enables employees to realize their full potential, and drives high performance through innovation and collaboration.