The Music People is a highly respected international business-to-business distributor of musical accessories and pro audio equipment to music gear retailers and sound contractors. We design, import, and distribute our own brand called On-Stage, a pillar of the music industry with over 40 years of experience supporting countless musicians in over 85 countries. In addition, we distribute for companies such as Shure, QSC, and Sennheiser. The Music People has 80 employees worldwide and has been recognized as a Top Workplace by Hartford Courant multiple times, most recently in 2018.
Do you pride yourself on the speed and accuracy of your data entry skills? Do you get a sense of accomplishment by completing a volume of today’s tasks, today? Are your skills diversified to include B2B client services such as order processing and administrative support? Then you will most likely do well and enjoy the data entry / administrative position we have available.
Job Responsibilities Include:
Skills and Experience:
Applicants must be knowledgeable and experienced in:
• Entering orders, customer information, and navigating EDI or B2B portals
• Experienced in managing deadlines and prioritizing task
• Windows based software packages (i.e. Office 365).
• May occasionally support other departments as needed (Purchasing, Accounting or others)
Applicants must posses the following skills to perform this role effectively:
• Strong PC skills (both 10-key & alphanumeric keyboard entry by touch); type >40 WPM
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks while staying organized
• Succinct and effective verbal and written communication
• An excellent memory for retaining information
• Eager to learn and flexible to changes in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and personable
• 1+ years experience as a Data Entry Clerk or equivalent work experience
Interested candidates will be tested on data entry speed and accuracy.
Why grow with us?
Named a top workplace by Hartford Courant multiple times, The Music People offers an attractive work-life balance, a 40-hour schedule that does not require nights or weekends, progressive compensation packages, health care options, and a matching 401(k).
Salary: $16.00 - $20.00 hr / depending on experience