Type: Regular, Full-time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Report to: Deputy Director
Pay Rate: $68,640 - $85,800/year, depending on experience
Hours: Hours are flexible, generally Monday thru Friday, occasionally weekends & on call.
SUMMARY: Responsible for administration of all facets of the clinical services including but not limited to management of employees and student practicum volunteers, budget, compliance and operations. This position develops, plans and implements strategies for program continuation and growth. Provide clinical training to clinical staff and interns. The incumbent will also provide direct client services and serve as a member of the agency management team. The clinical services manager will model and utilize agency core values in their actions and decision making.
The Marjaree Mason Center is 24/7 operation and all employees, at any point of time, may be asked to perform other work duties from those normally assigned such as answering the hotline or working in the shelter.
· Provide leadership and oversight of the clinical programs including therapeutic domestic violence counseling for adults and children, parenting classes, support groups, offenders’ treatment.
· Evaluate existing clinical policies and contract compliance, monitoring and reporting to ensure all federal, state or agency requirements are achieved.
· Hiring, supervision, evaluation, scheduling, promotion, corrective action for paid and volunteer personnel (including practicum students) within the department. If a clinician is hired by a specific program/grant, the program manager would be the supervisor of record. The clinical services manager would be responsible for clinical consultation, ensuring appropriate supervision and documentation/contract compliance.
· Project, develop, and monitor revenue and expense budget for fee for service programs that includes private pay, Medi-Cal, and other funding sources.
· Develop and implement training programs to attract and retain staff and practicum students for the Marjaree Mason Center.
· Responsible for developing strategies and plans for the clinical services according to agency standards for excellent service and growth and directly aligned with the MMC strategic plan.
· Ensure department personnel are trained in and implementing Trauma Informed services and serve as the agency liaison to other client services departments in providing such training and guidance.
· Manages and oversees quality assurance activities, which may include, but is not limited to: review of client files and Apricot CMS as well as external quality of service review activities.
· Implements and evaluates current processes including operational statistics, service standards, grant compliance and process improvement initiatives.
· Serve as member of the MMC Leadership team.
· Works with staff, interns, and volunteers to maximize the availability of domestic violence services to members of the community.
· Provides best practice approach to the development of new programs to improve clinical outcomes and reduce domestic violence recidivism.
· Responsible for providing a safe and supportive environment for clientele and adheres to laws regarding confidentiality and reporting requirements.
· Provide community presentations as needed, which may include the MMC Board.
· Guide and facilitate community trainings for private practice clinicians and also group providers to enhance the capacity of the community to serve adults and children impacted by domestic violence.
· Must be reliable and consistent with attendance and punctuality to work.
· Handle recruitment/placement of clinical interns, conduct outreach and maintain working relationships with graduate school programs.
· Provide complete and accurate information used for grant reporting and management.
· Safeguard assets and intellectual property of the Marjaree Mason Center.
· Must have an attitude of friendliness and be able to communicate with all levels within the Marjaree Mason Center.
· Work as a team and support the mission and goals of the agency and programs.
· Carry out other duties as assigned by the Deputy Director.
· Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC), Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Preferred
· Five (2-5) years of progressively responsible non-profit program management experience and staff supervision
· Hold Licensure status 2 years + (with direct service experience,) and eligible or have completed CEUs for Board of Behavioral Sciences for Supervisor.
· The requirements listed below are representative of the additional knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE POSITION:
· Proven experience understanding and demonstrated ability to generate revenues for clinical services;
· Experience with Medi-Cal, Victim Witness and other types of client-billings
· Experience and confidence identifying and implementing evidence based practices
· Experience working in a crisis setting with adults and children
· Excellent interpersonal skills to relate effectively to staff, clients, families, and community.
· Understanding the ethics of confidentiality
· Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
· Skills applicable to the clinical discipline.
· Aptitude in resolving issues and conflict.
· Experience in organizing staff and implementing system to maximize productivity in the workplace and meet Agency objectives.
· Solid understanding of budgeting, resourcing and performance evaluation procedures
· Proficient in MS Office and other client management software, preferably Apricot.
· Ability to drive. Possession of reliable transportation is required.
· Demonstrated ability to work with sensitivity and without discrimination towards peoples of diverse cultures, races/ethnicity’s, socio/economic positions, ages, religions, genders, physical/mental challenges/disabilities and sexual orientations.
· Sensitivity to issues pertaining to domestic violence.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
· Possession of a valid California driver’s license and proof of liability insurance on personal auto.
· Must be insurable at all times at standard rate set by MMC insurance carrier.
· Must pass tuberculosis test, drug test and fingerprinting test.
· Ability to adjust focus – (ability to adjust eye to bring an object into sharp focus.).
· Close Vision – (clear vision at 20 inches or less)/
· Lift up to 10 pounds – occasional to frequent
· Lift up to 25 pounds – infrequent
· Push/pull – occasional to frequent
· Reach with hands and arms- frequent
· Sit- Excessive
· Stand – occasional to frequent
· Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl – occasional to infrequent
· Talk or hear – frequent
· Use hands to finger, handle or feel- frequent
· Walk – frequent
· Fine Dexterity – Both – frequent
· Typical noise level – quiet
· Repetitive use of hands – frequent
· Hearing – ability to hear instructions - frequent
· Grasping: simple/light: - frequent
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Indoors, environmentally controlled.
- Normal office noise level.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements, which may change from time to time based on business needs. When appropriate, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, so long as those accommodations do not create an undue hardship for the company.
The Marjaree Mason Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to make all personnel decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, physical disability, mental disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national or ethnic origin, and any other protected status.