Paint the skies with Pilatus! We are looking for a Paint Shop Lead to join us in our brand new state-of-the-art aircraft painting facility opening in July 2022. As a working lead, you will set and communicate priorities to team members while working alongside them painting new PC-12 and PC-24 aircraft exteriors and components such as fuselage, wings, fairings, horizontals, verticals, and flight controls in accordance with specifications, schedule, and quality standards. This role is a key part of how we create a perfect final aircraft delivery that brings our customer’s dreams to life. Take your career to the next level by joining the highly skilled craftspeople at Pilatus Business Aircraft!
We are currently hiring for multiple shifts!
- Works with other Paint Shop Lead(s) to prioritize daily activities and team assignments based on production schedule and input from Paint Shop Manager
- Paints aircraft, recognizes and troubleshoots problems, and ensures that all materials are available to support assembly activities
- Manages assigned parts and projects and maintains continuity of workflow by prioritizing work in a logical sequence, communicating priorities and schedules to team members, and ensures that the team works at a consistent and steady pace
- Ensures all work is performed according to applicable regulatory requirements, customer specifications, and established quality standards and procedures and notifies appropriate personnel of any deviations
- Maintains accurate records and documents and complete sign-offs in a timely manner
- Ensures that deadlines and schedules are strictly adhered to and immediately notifies Aircraft Paint Manager if delays or problems are anticipated or exist
- Trains and motivates team members to be proficient in all work assignments in compliance with FAA specifications
- Completes time card and time off approvals and annual performance reviews for assigned team
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum 7 years of lead-related experience with aircraft paint processes
- Aircraft industry experience required
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability, high degree of integrity, and possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of paint processes and products (lacquers, enamels, epoxies, urethanes, and acrylics) is necessary
- Ability to organize and plan work, adhering to deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering drawings
- High standards of accuracy and quality
- Self-disciplined, capable of handling multiple, simultaneous projects and tasks
- Regular attendance and willingness to work overtime and other shifts as required
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Must qualify as a U.S. person in compliance with ITAR 22 CFR 120.15
What We Offer
- 11 paid holidays a year, plus 6 days of paid personal time, and 10 days of paid vacation time to start, with an increase to 3 weeks of paid vacation time after 5 years
- 90% of medical, dental, and vision premiums paid for single coverage and 80% for family coverage, averaging $9,600 annually
- Monthly health savings account (HSA) contributions totaling $2,250 for single coverage and $3,000 for family coverage annually
- 401(k) retirement plan matching up to 6%
- Life and long-term disability insurance premiums paid in full
- Annual employee incentive award program based on the achievement of certain business and individual performance goals
- Tuition assistance is available annually after the first year
- Hiring range of $27.00 - $36.00 per hour depending on experience
Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd was founded in Broomfield, Colorado in 1996. Pilatus’ new 118,000 square foot facility is custom-designed to conduct aircraft interior and exterior completions for all PC-12 NG and PC-24 aircraft delivering to North and South America. This new completions center consolidates the operations Pilatus has performed at the Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport for over 25 years.
With over 2,000 employees and about 120 apprentices at its headquarters in Stans, Switzerland, and a completion center in Broomfield, Colorado, the Pilatus family unites people from over 40 countries. We offer a secure, innovative, international, and sustainable work environment. Courage, vision, and outstanding performance have made us a strong company. Our culture is shaped by a high level of quality awareness, close customer relationships, and a high degree of employee commitment.