Liberty Hill’s work is focused on Los Angeles County; however, we understand that what happens in L.A. influences the nation. In this historical moment, we believe it is especially important for Los Angeles to be a beacon of social justice nationwide.
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, the Interim DAF Program Manager will play an integral role in the management and operations of donor advised funds and giving circles. You will staff Giving Circles, prepare the quarterly account statements and financial reconciliations for the DAF accounts, and will provide support for the opening of new donor advised funds. You will also support communications to the DAF account holders, including donor education, fund activity reports, due diligence, and will research and write recommendations of organizations for dockets requested by DAF holders.
What you will do:
- Monitor and prepare reports of fund balances, quarterly fund statements, and investment returns.
- For new DAFs, collect and review intake information, prepare cross-team set-up instructions, support opening of investment accounts, issue portal log-in information, monitor completion of set-up, and orient new advisor to the online portal.
- Communicate grant requests to Grants Manager and updates to DAF advisors.
- Provide strategic and thoughtful guidance and education with regard to DAFs and grant recommendations.
- Support DAF account holder for deposits into their DAFs, including stock gifts.
- Support and engage Giving Circle chairs in the development and impact (grantmaking) of their Giving Circles through donor development, membership communications & cultivation, docket recommendations, and engagement in Liberty Hill’s home for progressive philanthropy.
- Set up Giving Circles with JustGiving online fundraising campaigns, or alert Giving Circle chairs of new gifts to their funds and supply the needed tracking and reports from Raisers Edge.
- Actively collaborate with Communications to promote Giving Circle events.
- Engage in the development and execution of work plans for the DAF Program and Advancement team.
- Work with Finance and Advancement to institutionalize philanthropic services and technology upgrades for consistency, efficiency, and quality control; resolve or escalate issues of concern as raised by client partners or internal stakeholders.
You will have:
- Education and/or 4 years of relevant experience
- Entrepreneurial attitude, attention to detail, ability to work on a team and independently
- Commitment Liberty Hill’s mission and to justice, equality, diversity and inclusion
- Ability to sit at a desk or conference table for extended periods within an office environment
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
Liberty Hill Foundation is not just an equal opportunity employer; we are actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to support the incredible diversity of grassroots organizing across the country. LHF does not discriminate based upon race/ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, and any other characteristics.