OVG Facilities has an exciting opening for a Marketing Manager for the UPMC Events Center, centered on the campus of Robert Morris University. The UPMC Events Center opened in May 2019 and is home to Robert Morris Colonial Men’s & Women’s Basketball and Women’s Volleyball as well as variety of events, such as commencement, concerts, meetings, conferences, featured speakers, and banquets. The 161,000 square foot multipurpose facility boasts a 4,000 plus seat arena, the 11,000 sq. ft. UPMC Health Plan Conference Center, a practice court for Men’s and Women’s Basketball and Women’s Volleyball teams, and a strength and conditioning center.
The Operations Manager will assist in directing all aspects of event supervision including event set-up and production. They will help to oversee all building security and management of operations of the facility, including policy formulation, production, maintenance, housekeeping, purchasing, contracted services, and construction. This position will assure the highest quality service to Robert Morris University, Robert Morris Athletics, and all tenants and/or stakeholders.
Responsibilities for this Position:
- Direct and manage set-up and tear down of portable basketball floor, concerts, conferences and other events
- Assure facility readiness and smooth operation of events
- Assist Director of Operations in establishing and maintaining a working Standard Operating Procedure for all aspects of the building
- Coordinate the operations activities with other building departments and outside contractors to ensure events run smoothly while set-ups are taking place
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate Housekeeping and Operations Supervisors and part time staff
- Provide and/or coordinate department staff training
- Work with staff Supervisors and staff to correct deficiencies; implement timely disciplinary and exiting procedures
- Ensure staff is working safely, efficiently and are aware of proper safety guidelines
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for facility operations
- Order supplies and materials for housekeeping and operations departments within budget guidelines; receive, inventory, and maintain supplies
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients • Maintain a customer first mentality
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Degree in Facility Management or related field preferred
- Minimum of three years (3) experience in facility operations supervision or with comparable increasing responsibility in a public assembly facility with knowledge of set up/housekeeping and/or event coordination
- Demonstrated knowledge of supervisory skills and principles, with experience in work crew supervision and working on a varied work schedule in facility operations
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Must be comfortable multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity of OSHA requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary, including excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess valid driver’s license or have the ability to acquire
- Possess valid forklift certification or have the willingness to acquire
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time constraints and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee occasionally lifts and moves facility equipment and/or tools. Employee will frequently move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees; position will require employee to occasionally bend, stoop, or crouch in order to evaluate and inspect equipment and building infrastructure; employee may be required to operate fork lift, high lift in assessment of and maintenance of the building and equipment. Employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, radios and printers; employee will constantly communicate via telephone, email and in person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee will occasionally as maintenance, operations, emergency situations or business demands lift up to 75 pounds.
The duties of this position are performed both indoors and outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and when not operating equipment and moderate to loud during event days when equipment is in operation. Employee must also be willing to work nights/weekends/holidays as there is a varying schedule depending on events.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.