NOTE: Local candidates (San Diego county) will be required to follow guidelines for the rest of the San Diego team for remote/in-office work. Currently, this team is working remotely due to COVID-19; however, as an essential business and critical infrastructure services provider, our engineers are sometimes required onsite at our HQ (located at 1775 Hancock Street, Ste 110, San Diego, CA 92110) or at our clients' sites. In the future, we anticipate local employees on this team to resume the prior work-remote flexibility, which allowed employees to work remotely up to 3 days per week. Non-local candidates will be considered on a fully remote status.
As a senior member of the managed services Field Team, the Senior Technical Account Manager will provide the highest-level technical support and technical strategy road-mapping to assigned managed services clients within a 24/7/365 environment. As a visible member of our team, this individual will work at Managed Solution’s headquarters and at various client sites. He or she will be responsible for the following:
- Accountability for overall client ownership from a technical perspective, ensuring and coordinating client issue resolution in accordance with Service Level Targets. The Senior Technical Account Manager will work with our most complex/largest Platinum-level clients to ensure overall satisfaction with our managed service delivery.
- Acting as the senior-most technical resource for client issue/problem escalation within the managed services department. Resolving complex troubleshooting issues across a range of technologies (networking, server, etc.)
- Assessing and understanding the technical needs of clients, as well as a nuanced understanding of the business objectives of the client. The Senior Technical Account Manager will act as a consultant, making necessary recommendations of technical solutions to solve business problems.
- Managing problem and incident resolution activities within assigned client portfolio, and communicating effectively with sales and other stakeholders regarding technical or service issues/at-risk clients.
- Accountability for managed services clients’ infrastructure and server maintenance, including the development of a technical strategy for ongoing management in accordance with the client’s business goals.
- Mentoring and supervising daily activities of Field Engineer staff. Provide feedback to Field Engineers in accordance with company and departmental policies. Acts as onsite back-up in absence of Field Engineer.
- Periodically traveling onsite to clients to address technical needs or concerns and/or to conduct regular reviews of service.
- Performing technology project services as well as T&M work (non-project) for assigned clients.
- Accountability for ensuring the successful management of client server and desktop agent counts, as well as communication with accounting team for timely/accurate billing.
- Accountability for ensuring documentation management for clients.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- An associate or bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, plus 5+ years of experience in a help desk or field technician capacity, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Prior experience in an outsourced IT services provider highly preferred; prior success in a role with ownership (IT Director/Senior Manager) of an internal IT environment may be acceptable.
- Demonstrated ability to provide both strategic direction and operational support to clients and team members.
- Demonstrated dedication to outstanding customer service and a drive to deliver exceptional service to both internal and external team members. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at different levels regarding complex technical problems, resolution efforts, remediation strategies, and technical road-mapping.
- Strong organizational and technical problem-solving skills. Experience prioritizing multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated success in a leadership/mentorship capacity strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- High proficiency across the Microsoft stack (including Azure, Office365, Active Directory, Exchange, etc.) is required. Advanced Microsoft certifications are highly desired for applicants and may become required for ongoing employment.
- Strong knowledge of other virtualization technologies, including AWS, Google Cloud, VMware, Hyper-V, etc.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills in a Windows environment, including desktop and server OS
- Strong knowledge of network configuration and troubleshooting in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Demonstrated success using ticket systems to document client issues and communication.
- Experience providing technical and professional mentorship to assigned reports.
- Demonstrated success in providing disciplinary coaching.
- Ability to provide honest, objective feedback in a respectful manner as part of a performance management practice.
Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards. Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards. The essential functions of this job require: the ability to frequently sit and stand for long periods of time; to climb and balance; to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or bend; to manipulate objects with fine and gross motor skills; to frequently lift and maneuver 10 pound objects and occasionally lift and maneuver 50 pound objects; to communicate in written and spoken English, including over the phone; to hear; to utilize close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Managed Solution is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applicants who can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Managed Solution participates in the federal E-Verify program to validate the authenticity of work eligibility documents. As part of this program, Managed Solution will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information, see https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.