The System/Network Administrator acts as a partner and technology evangelist for their assigned client(s), providing on-site technology services; troubleshooting for desktop and infrastructure issues; and performing preventative maintenance.
- Providing on-site support for client technical environments, including networking/server infrastructure, desktop support, virtualization, application support, etc.
- Acting as a customer-facing systems consultant, technical advisor, and onsite resource for client points of contact, making recommendations for the technology road map
- Assessing and documenting client infrastructure for use by help desk support staff
- Resolving technical issues for managed services clients, providing support in person and remotely by email/phone
- Thoroughly documenting all activities in Connectwise ticketing system
- Configuring and utilizing monitoring tools to ensure high uptime for client environments
- Maintaining compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Performing all related duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- An Associates or Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field plus 3-5+ years of experience providing server/desktop support in a Microsoft environment. Equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work and communicate professionally in written and verbal English.
- Organization and planning skills with the ability to manage priorities and commitments in a productive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to “wow” clients with a positive “can-do” attitude and resourceful problem-solving
- High standards coupled with accountability and ownership for your work
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a team to solve client issues and provide comprehensive support
- Demonstrated experience with Windows 2008/2012/2016 servers, Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016, Windows XP/7/8/10 and Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2013/365. Experience in other Microsoft applications is a huge plus.
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to solve complex technical problems, including troubleshooting of networking/server infrastructure and desktop issues, primarily within a Microsoft OS
- Technical certifications (Microsoft, A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, etc.) highly desired!
The essential functions of this job require: the ability to frequently sit and stand for long periods of time; to manipulate objects with fine and gross motor skills; to frequently lift and maneuver 10 pound objects and occasionally lift and maneuver 50 pound objects; to communicate in written and spoken English; to hear; to utilize close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Managed Solution is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applicants who can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
A valid CA Drivers’ license is required for this position, as you may be occasionally dispatched to client locations. You should also have reliable means of transportation.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Managed Solution participates in the federal E-Verify program to validate the authenticity of work eligibility documents. As part of this program, Managed Solution will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information, see https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.